Last's Blood Mod / no death mod

last

Re: Last's Blood Mod / no death mod

Post by last » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am

RagdollZombie wrote:In the alpha download topics they have a "changes from last alpha" download. you can maybe compare the scripts from the last alpha with the scripts of the recent one.
I always do this, but David re-organized most of the files structures. This means that alpha 197 and 198 files look different and they don't compare with each other so good even when i use special programs to do this (WinMerge).

But here is a good news for all of you.
I have successfully updated my mod for a198

Here is the download link.
blood mod + no death mod a198.zip
(620.85 KiB) Downloaded 408 times

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Yay! Does the mod-mod work again? or does it still need work? :o

last

Post by last » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

The half that worked previously in alpha 197 is working, but other half is not working right now.

FrostGrimoire

Post by FrostGrimoire » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 am

It doesn't seem to be working with me...I downloaded the latest one being a198, unzipped the two folders and merged the Data folder with the original folder, but the two options never appeared. I just ended up repeating the process over and over again just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. What am I doing wrong?

(Also I didn't realize it but I accidentally copied the data folder in the other file as well, undoing the mod. Took me a while to realize what I was doing, but now that I'm keeping my focus on the mod folder, nothing's happening.)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 am

FrostGrimoire wrote:It doesn't seem to be working with me...I downloaded the latest one being a198, unzipped the two folders and merged the Data folder with the original folder, but the two options never appeared.
How are you trying to access the mod options.
You need to enter the editor mode and press escape. The menu that will pop up will have the additional options Open mod settings window and Open Slow motion settings and all the hotkeys should work.

If that is not the case you have either not extracted all the files or you have accidentally put the wrong Data folder with your game's one (the mod includes the original one so that you can easily remove the mod) or you have somehow put it in the wrong place.
That's all the possibilities I can think of right now.

FrostGrimoire

Post by FrostGrimoire » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 am

EPR89 wrote:
FrostGrimoire wrote:It doesn't seem to be working with me...I downloaded the latest one being a198, unzipped the two folders and merged the Data folder with the original folder, but the two options never appeared.
How are you trying to access the mod options.
You need to enter the editor mode and press escape. The menu that will pop up will have the additional options Open mod settings window and Open Slow motion settings and all the hotkeys should work.

If that is not the case you have either not extracted all the files or you have accidentally put the wrong Data folder with your game's one (the mod includes the original one so that you can easily remove the mod) or you have somehow put it in the wrong place.
That's all the possibilities I can think of right now.
I know how to get to it and I know that I'm placing it in the right spots, like I said I doubled back and merged the same folders multiple times. Data to data so everything inside copies into their respective folders. I even double checked to see if everything is in the right place. But I'm gunna try the hotkeys and see if that works.

kbwilliams95

Post by kbwilliams95 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:47 pm

When I activate unstoppable mode, I don't really like how the enemies are also invincible. How can I change it so that only I have infinite health and they keep their regular health?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 pm

kbwilliams95 wrote:When I activate unstoppable mode, I don't really like how the enemies are also invincible. How can I change it so that only I have infinite health and they keep their regular health?
This might be easier by just modifying your characters stats. Open the editor, select your character and press u. You can then turn up your damage resistance.

kbwilliams95

Post by kbwilliams95 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Anton wrote:
kbwilliams95 wrote:When I activate unstoppable mode, I don't really like how the enemies are also invincible. How can I change it so that only I have infinite health and they keep their regular health?
This might be easier by just modifying your characters stats. Open the editor, select your character and press u. You can then turn up your damage resistance.
When I try that it says Error: File not found.

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 am

im having a little trouble with this mod, in that it takes away the ability to set your move speed to ridiculous levels. even with the text parameters. could someone give me the lines of code that affect the movement speed parameter, so i can have super speed tackles?

thanks in advance!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

human_dictionary wrote:im having a little trouble with this mod, in that it takes away the ability to set your move speed to ridiculous levels. even with the text parameters. could someone give me the lines of code that affect the movement speed parameter, so i can have super speed tackles?

thanks in advance!
Open up your aschar.as file (it's in the script folder). Look for this expression:

Code: Select all

params.AddFloatSlider("Movement Speed",1,"min:0.1,max:1.5,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
Min is the minmum value, max is the maximum value. Both are affected by the multiplier, which is 100. I have set the maximum to 5.0. This means my maximum speed in the game is 500.

human_dictionary

Post by human_dictionary » Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 am

will that work if i set it to, say, 50?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:55 am

Very high values will result in jumps basically teleporting you across the map. I think the maximum walking speed is capped somehow, relative to the movement speed you are using. Jumping immediately accelerates you to the movement speed.
But I'm not entirely sure at what value things become funky. Just try it out. You can't really break anything. Increasing the maximum only gives you a greater range you can set the movement speed to.

EDIT: I just set it to 1000.0 (effective maximum 100000). Running didn't feel very different to, say 5000. When I jumped I ended up under the terrain and feel to my death on the invisible ground below the map. :lol:

Racheal_Luna

Post by Racheal_Luna » Sat May 04, 2013 1:19 pm

The mod menu additions arn't showing up for me at all. is it not compatible with SUMauncher? i have double checked mutiple times to see if i placed them in the wrong folders and everything is where it should be. help?

human_dictionary

Post by human_dictionary » Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 pm

yeah, a jump on move speed anything above about 20- depending on the gradient of the things you jump on- will propel you through objects