Suspension Custom Map

Horridius

Re: Suspension Custom Map

Post by Horridius » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 am

K I'm back from London, I'll have alot of time now to finish my map and yes some checkpoint hotspots would be great. Now the level will be to unforgiving. I looked at the old race checkpoint hotspots but they only increase your time left and don't teleport you back when you fall/die. For now people will have to do with spawn point moving.

Horridius

Post by Horridius » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:55 am

Oh and thanks Jack for answering my question about the colors :D , I'll try to implement is as good as I can.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Yep :)

alividlife

Post by alividlife » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 am

I have been trying my hand at some custom levels, and was wondering if you guys had any "pro-tips" for navigating the editor?

I have been trying to learn on my own, but I am getting glitches here and there, should probably send bug reports *another thing I need to learn how to do!

You guys do such an amazing job, .. How do you guys pull this off?!
(I am learning slowly, but wondered if you had any tips you would care to share?)
Also, you guys should totally do a "let's play" but level editor style "let's play"!

I managed to place a couple hapless Rabbit guards on a couple paces of the level in the video, and it made things very interesting! Can't wait for a new version, and further content from you both, Jacktheawesome and Hirridius!

Anyway... Just wanted to tell you guys that you are awesome. :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

alividlife wrote:I have been trying my hand at some custom levels, and was wondering if you guys had any "pro-tips" for navigating the editor?
There are quite a few mapping tutorials around, but this video might be a good start for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxnHLagHb5E

Horridius

Post by Horridius » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:05 pm

ariehl wrote:
alividlife wrote:I have been trying my hand at some custom levels, and was wondering if you guys had any "pro-tips" for navigating the editor?
There are quite a few mapping tutorials around, but this video might be a good start for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxnHLagHb5E
Yup after I watched that video I was good to go. Just watch that video alividlife and you'll see that the other things will come automatic since the Overgrowth sandbox editor is one of the most easy to use.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:51 pm

It really is very easy. There are a couple things that you wouldn't figure out on your own (cloning, right click drag, snap to, grouping, etc.) but as Anton said there are plenty of videos around. I think I learned all I know from John's tutorial from a couple years ago.

Horridius

Post by Horridius » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Adding knifes to various points in the Suspension2 map, they are the perfect parkour weapon. You can still grab ledges with the knife and you can attack while moving (imagine players in the maybe future multiplayer chasing eachother in parkour and stabbing eachother while wall jumping around :lol: )

Horridius

Post by Horridius » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:31 pm

I finished the map finally. Go to this thread if you want to have a look.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14224

Zikee

Post by Zikee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey every time i try to load this map it says cannot find level file: Data/Levels/Suspension.xml