[Mod] Community Content Browser List

Aaron

Re: Mod: Main Menu with Custom Maps (Over 40 user maps inclu

Post by Aaron » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 am

EDIT: This post is outdated! please check the SUMLauncher topic instead!

Hey everyone!

In order to make the whole installation process for Anton's mod much easier, I've written a program that handles everything for you! All you have to do is select your Overgrowth executable file (either Overgrowth.exe for Windows users or Overgrowth.app for Mac users), and the program will automatically download everything into the right directories.

On top of that, the program can automatically update the maps as well. If someone releases an update for their map (and lets Anton know), just run the program again - it will download only what it needs to, updating anything new and ignoring everything else.
[+] Out of date - Use SUM
Installation Instructions:

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. Not sure if you do? Check / download here.

Windows users: Download the zip file, and extract the files into a directory that does NOT contain a space. For example, "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop" would work fine, but not "C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\Auto Downloader" or "C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth". To run the program, just double click on "OGModAutoDownloader.bat", and if Windows asks if you would like to allow the program to make changes to your computer, select "Yes".

Mac users: Download the zip file, and extract the file anywhere you please. To run the program, just double click on "ogmodautodownloader.jar".

Downloads:

Discontinued

Technical Support:

If for any reason you have difficulty using the program, feel free to ask for help - I'm often on the Wolfire IRC (irc.wolfire.com - web client available at http://www.wolfire.com/irc).

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

To Anton for putting up with my constant messaging, requests, use of his bandwidth, and for creating this awesome mod in the first place.

Update 1:
Modified the user interface to better fit each operating system. Thank you to DoctorGester for the suggestion!

Update 2:
Added exception handling (for example, if your internet connection cuts out mid-update, the program will alert you to the issue, and allow you to attempt to continue - if your connection is back up and running, the program will continue where it left off). Thank you to confused for the suggestion!

Update 3:
I've changed the way the text is displayed, and added coloring. Skipped files are orange, newly downloaded files are blue, and updated files are green. I've also added some totals at the bottom of the window.

Additionally, I've cleaned up some code and taken care of some potential problems.

Update 4:
The program now automatically detects the Overgrowth installation directory on Windows - Mac users will still use the dialog.
Last edited by Aaron on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

last

Post by last » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 am

Raiun wrote:
ariehl wrote: This mod should only replace one file
What file would that be?
this file should be menu.html
but as i can see you had problems with level.as. i thin you had a 2. mod installed when you tryed that main menu mod. but that 2. mod was'nt up to date.

scabammm

Post by scabammm » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:35 am

Can you confirm if this mod works with a150?

last

Post by last » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 am

yes main menu mod works with a150

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 pm

@Samusaaron3 (I didn't feel like quoting)

NICE!!!

Ace00731

Post by Ace00731 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 pm

The menu works in 150. but none of the maps seem to work right. (the custom maps i mean) it takes a while when loading hotspots and then almost crashes, then it spawns. and most of the envmaps are messed up, and the skybox is missing. And dark shadows

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Ace00731 wrote:The menu works in 150. but none of the maps seem to work right. (the custom maps i mean) it takes a while when loading hotspots and then almost crashes, then it spawns. and most of the envmaps are messed up, and the skybox is missing. And dark shadows
The skyboxes are all available from the first post, but running the mod program above will also fix this issue. It will correctly update the files, including the skyboxes.

Levels will take longer to load the first time as the program has to generate all the cached versions. I'm not sure what you mean by envmaps, but I will be adding the navmaps in the near future. (also, using Samusaaron3's updater, this will be a simple process.

TheResidentShadow

Post by TheResidentShadow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I put the skyboxes where they should be.

But when I go into 149a Anton's Menu Mod, there are 2 more folders that have 1 data folder each.

Can someone be specific as to what exactly I do ?

This is on 150.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 pm

TheResidentShadow wrote:I put the skyboxes where they should be.

But when I go into 149a Anton's Menu Mod, there are 2 more folders that have 1 data folder each.

Can someone be specific as to what exactly I do ?

This is on 150.

The one that says "Original a149" is just a backup of the original file. So in the other folder, you want to merge that with your data folder, each folder should go in the respective location. If you are on Windows, you can just drag the whole data folder onto your data folder, and choose to Merge the contents of the folder, then you will be set. (Or even easier, run Samusaaron3's automatic installer: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12471&start=45#p141747 )

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I released a level in the project showoff here

Im working on much better versions of fun and my city, which will have new names.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

adwuga wrote:I released a level in the project showoff here

Im working on much better versions of fun and my city, which will have new names.
Yeah! I've downloaded it, but haven't had time to even try it yet, or add it to the mod... It is on my list along with 5 other levels to officially update... Hopefully by the end of this week.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

OK cool. Thanks!

DoctorGester

Post by DoctorGester » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:36 pm

offtopic:

Samusaaron3, use the following code in your program for interface to match default system style:

Code: Select all

try {
	UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
} catch (Exception e) {
	JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(mainFrame, e.toString());
	System.exit(1);
}

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:48 am

DoctorGester wrote:offtopic:

Samusaaron3, use the following code in your program for interface to match default system style:

Code: Select all

try {
	UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
} catch (Exception e) {
	JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(mainFrame, e.toString());
	System.exit(1);
}
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a shot when I'm back home tomorrow :)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:33 am

Samusaaron, I want to report a bug in the Windows version of your application.

If you have a space in the program path it will generate an error when you try to start the program saying it can't find the jar file.