Unsure of loading custom maps?

caiium

Unsure of loading custom maps?

Post by caiium » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Hey Hello, How is everyone?
I very recently bought Overgrowth and I am having a lot of fun but I am terrible at using computers.
I had searched the internet and the Wolfire forums for help on getting custom maps to work for over an hour but couldn't find anything. I have read Ariehl's post
"Mod: Main Menu with Custom Maps" and downloaded the installer/updater and one map but I have no idea what to do with those files. I swear I am missing something basic,
I apologize if I have missed a post explaining this or this is something incredibly basic.

Aaron

Re: Unsure of loading custom maps?

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:11 pm

caiium wrote:Hey Hello, How is everyone?
I very recently bought Overgrowth and I am having a lot of fun but I am terrible at using computers.
I had searched the internet and the Wolfire forums for help on getting custom maps to work for over an hour but couldn't find anything. I have read Ariehl's post
"Mod: Main Menu with Custom Maps" and downloaded the installer/updater and one map but I have no idea what to do with those files. I swear I am missing something basic,
I apologize if I have missed a post explaining this or this is something incredibly basic.
Once you've downloaded the installer, just run the "OGModAutoDownloader.bat" file (assuming you're using Windows), and follow the instructions.

The installer will automatically download a bunch of mods (I believe it is currently about 480mb worth of content).

If the installer won't run, make sure you have Java installed (http://java.com/).

After the installer finishes, simply launch Overgrowth as usual, and you should see a ton of new maps to choose from in the main menu.

Please let me know if you encounter further issues.
Last edited by Aaron on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

caiium

Post by caiium » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Righto, I just built this PC so you most likely are right, I do not have Java.
I gotta got to work but I will try those instructions as soon as I can.
Thanks for the help, I will post back when I have tried it out.

caiium

Post by caiium » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Got it.
Thanks. Just needed Java. Help was much appreciated cause Overgrowth is a lot of fun.

Thedeadman

Post by Thedeadman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm

i'm having trouble making the downloader work, it says "unable to acess Jarfile C:\users\"

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Thedeadman wrote:i'm having trouble making the downloader work, it says "unable to acess Jarfile C:\users\"
You need to place the files in a directory that doesn't have any spaces or odd characters in it. One easy fix is to just make a folder at C:\, and put the files in there.

Thedeadman

Post by Thedeadman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 pm

thnx it solved it :D

Master XOY99

Post by Master XOY99 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

im suprised no one replied to the "how are you" question.... IM GREAT!!!!!!