Mod/Feature Request: Render distance

taloton

Mod/Feature Request: Render distance

Post by taloton » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

It would be awesome if somebody could make a mod that limits the amount of objects that get rendered based on how well the game is running. The game runs amazingly on my computer but an overdose of objects results in a large FPS drop. It is not necessary for the computer to process the entire map at a time so a mod that stops this would be really useful for anybody who wants to play big maps.

Silverfish

Re: Mod/Feature Request: Render distance

Post by Silverfish » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Unfortunately you cannot currently control objects in the game in any way using scripts, so it's not possible to mod this in. The finished game will be more optimized though, so more people will be able to play it when it's done.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 am

Silverfish wrote:Unfortunately you cannot currently control objects in the game in any way using scripts, so it's not possible to mod this in. The finished game will be more optimized though, so more people will be able to play it when it's done.

It might be possible through shaders. Since the shaders are based on one or few super-shaders, if someone knows how to add a check for render distance into one of those, it might work.

taloton

Post by taloton » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about the scripting for this game but I figured it would help a lot :).