Johannes' Modding Toolkit

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 pm

While working on the in-game code for the SUM OG Utilities I've been working on a few tools for myself to make modding easier.

These as well as other tools I make will be added here in the future for your convenience

UI toolkit:
  • Everything is self-injected by adding one line of code.
  • Replacement for 'alert()' to allow for easy debugging.
  • Non-optrusive in-game overlays including:
    • Reload button (to quickly make edits visible).
    • Collapsable log for listing debug information.
Update jan 9 2012:
The first draft of Log feature is done:
However it doesn't work on windows yet for an annoying reasons =[

Update jan 9 2012 part 2:
The log is basically done for now, may add more advanced features later, such as copying lines, and a reload button (which is there, just disabled right now)

While the in-game version currently cannot be used by windows user,
you can test it online Here.

I'm waiting for David to add a special function that will allow me to read the contents of a provided text file in Data. the specific error I'm dealing with is the following: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4208530

More to come!
~Johannes

adwuga

Re: Johannes' Modding Toolkit

Post by adwuga » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:58 pm

looks cool. Too bad I'm stupid, but other people will surely find this useful. Like Korban and his unfinished first person mod.

Korban3

Re: Johannes' Modding Toolkit

Post by Korban3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, it's too bad I only just got my computer back tonight and will have to go thru two full updates of Overgrowth and massive use of my favorite weapon that I've been waiting to be able to use for ever and the fact that Johannes awesome mod tools are apparently not working for tarded Windows. But yes. First person mod. I still have to get the freakin' camera to poll the head's rotation properly. God damn complicated 3D math.