Mod: Sections in Item Browser V1

Wobak

Mod: Sections in Item Browser V1

Post by Wobak » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm

hi, this is a small mod that allows to put the objects in sections (or rather put labels between objects). i made it because the browser is rather chaotic with totally different objects being listed after eachother. it took some time to make because i modified the wrong name variable at first :roll:
you create a label/by putting this in the object list:

Code: Select all

addSection('Tab','Section');
e.g.

Code: Select all

addSection('O2','Dog Tools');
ingame it will look like that:

i did this by making an new addSection function from a simplified addItem function.

if you want the section support plus an O2 list with sections(that came with the alpha), extract into Overgrowth.
if you just want the section support, only copy the spawner.html file into data\UI\spawner\

v1 is done, i corrected the spaces and the halfway-correct dynamic width. ive also changed the color for better visual clarity. you can see how it looks now in the image above.

here are the files:
Sections_for_ItemBrowser.zip
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Last edited by Wobak on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adwuga

Re: Mod: Sections in Item Browser

Post by adwuga » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

I love you. It would be useful to have a list of sections at the top that take you to that section, like on wiki articles. Thanks for making this!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Last needs to get this into his tab mod! :D

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Agreed.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 pm

That's pretty awesome! It would be a great addition to Last's tab browser for sure! Maybe you guys can coordinate on that a bit...

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Do I sense overwhelming amounts of awesome emanating from this mod? I believe I do. Yes, last's tab mod could benefit from this quite a bit. Collab wut?

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 pm

much needed addition :)

Wobak

Re: Mod: Sections in Item Browser V1

Post by Wobak » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:23 pm

thanks for the comments :D
ive pretty much finished the first version except for the dynamic width which is not really correct (i coudnt figure out how to convert the widthvalue to a number).

about making linkable section: i want to add something along this line in the next version: expandeable/minimizeable section. that might take some though..

one question about the forum: is the downloadnumber for attachments correct? if it is how come that mods generally have many comments but are actually download very few times?

last

Post by last » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:12 pm

if you edit your post and deleted old file and upload a new file then download counter resets. It onley happens when you delete old file.

Keep in mind that 1 picture can tell you 1000 words.

Oh and if you want you can make a update to this mod useing my item browser mod. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13335#p148153
This mod adds almost all objects into O2 tab- yes there are still some objects missing files so i can't add those into it.
Also for newcomers that O2 tab in item browser is originaly made by me (includeing most of the icons in that tab) And jeff was able to merge that mod into original builds, but they haven't updated since a135.

Wobak

Post by Wobak » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 pm

ah, i was wondering what the O2 tab meant :D

ive put the sections in your last list now, i took the liberty of deleting duplicate items and moving a few
Attachments
last's object browser-List with sections.zip
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm

I love you more than I previously did when I last said I loved you before, at that earlier time previous to you doing what you have just done upon the internet.

last

Post by last » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Note: You need to download Sections_for_ItemBrowser.zip file first
And install it and onley then the last's object browser-List with sections.zip file works

Wobak

Post by Wobak » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm

yes, but ill upload a new version in the next days, with expandable/collapsable sections and also subsections. it doesnt save which sections are opened when you close the browser yet.
opening a section is already more comfortable than scrolling until you see the desired object though.