Bloody trails mod!

Slyvvr

Bloody trails mod!

Post by Slyvvr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 am

Harro harro,

i was missing a bloody trail effect when playing overgrowth :) so i thought i would make one myself, and after a few hours of failing i finally succeeded :D

I want to keep improving and enhancing this mod, so if you have any suggestions please leave them below. :D

Greetings,

Slyvvr

i also added a trail mod that depletes after a set amount of blood has leaked :D enjoy
Attachments
aschardepletable.rar
The Depletable blood trail mod.
(31.06 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by Slyvvr on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Johannes

Re: Bloody trails mod!

Post by Johannes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 am

Hehe, It looks positively gruesome. I love how you really took up the initiative to figure this out. I'm glad it all came together =)

You should release the code that you added for others to try out, and be sure to add this to the 'Project Showoff' Thread.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 am

I did add link to download the ASCHAR code. as i had to modify very different parts of code.

last

Post by last » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

there are programs for examine the differences in files and folders. It's easy to find out with those programs what part of the code is changed.
i use winmerge http://winmerge.org/
and ExamDiff
http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah i really dont get what that does so :P
just download the zip if you want to use it :D

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Oooh, I like it. I'd love it if this were implemented into the game. But you know, just a few streaks, not a constant line of never-ending blood. And only if the dead enemy had been cut.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 am

Rovert wrote:Oooh, I like it. I'd love it if this were implemented into the game. But you know, just a few streaks, not a constant line of never-ending blood. And only if the dead enemy had been cut.
yeah i was looking for a way to make him only trail after being cut. and the neverending trail has been fixed.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

Please upload it here on the forums instead of to any other site that likes being annoying and giving me ads etc.

EDIT:
It's art!
Art
Art

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am

Silverfish wrote:Please upload it here on the forums instead of to any other site that likes being annoying and giving me ads etc.

EDIT:
It's art!
ogw.png
NIIIIIICE picture :D i also made art with it for lhorkan :P (dont mind the voices, those are some of my buddies on skype lol :P)

and is it really possible to upload it here? how?

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Slyvvr wrote:and is it really possible to upload it here? how?
Below the "Submit" button, there is a little tab that says upload attachment. If you really made this mod (Nice Job!) then you should be able to figure it out after that.

Slyvvr

Post by Slyvvr » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 pm

adwuga wrote:
Below the "Submit" button, there is a little tab that says upload attachment. If you really made this mod (Nice Job!) then you should be able to figure it out after that.
Haha i guess so, i will upload the files using the site too then. But i guess i might as well just leave megaupload there, seeing as it does no harm :P

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Slyvvr wrote:
adwuga wrote:
Haha i guess so, i will upload the files using the site too then. But i guess i might as well just leave megaupload there, seeing as it does no harm :P
You can put the download link in the text by pressing "place inline" so people won't accidentally press the Megaupload link. I personally think Megaupload and similar links are incredibly annoying.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Silverfish wrote:You can put the download link in the text by pressing "place inline" so people won't accidentally press the Megaupload link. I personally think Megaupload and similar links are incredibly annoying.
How so? Do they even differ from normal links?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Silverfish wrote:You can put the download link in the text by pressing "place inline" so people won't accidentally press the Megaupload link. I personally think Megaupload and similar links are incredibly annoying.
Normal links, like when hosted on the forums or on anton's server, start downloading the moment you click on them, and don't show you page with 20 advertisements on them, nor do normal links require you to wait 30+ seconds to be able to start the download...

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Endoperez wrote:
They contain ads.

And often they force you to wait for like 50 seconds before you can download. If I run into one of those I sometimes just close it down because it frustrates me so much.