Mario 64 style triple jump

sammyrye

Mario 64 style triple jump

Post by sammyrye » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 pm

If you've ever played Mario 64, i'm sure you had fun just jumping around the levels- thanks to the double and triple jumps. I don't think i've ever seen it in another game- which is surprising because it makes the jumping so much more fun and dynamic. It's pretty simple, just jump three times in a row pressing the jump button right as you land, and Mario does a special extra high flip jump. Honestly, compared to Mario 64 the jumping in most games feels "dull" to me.

Do you guys think modding a feature like this in Overgrowth would be possible? If someone could do it, it would be a lot of fun.

Penaloza1337

Re: Mario 64 style triple jump

Post by Penaloza1337 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Won't be much good, Only if it won't look very funny, But a double jump would be great

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Whilst I agree that SM64's jumping mechanics were incredibly fun to play with, I really don't see that working within the smooth-as-silk Overgrowth movement mechanics.
If anyone feels up to the task, however, I would very much like to give this opinion a rethink after seeing it in action.

sirwillis

Post by sirwillis » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 am

I don't know how to code, but if someone is looking to code this I would suggest making a "dust cloud" appear when the mid-air jump is made so it doesn't look so weird

sammyrye

Post by sammyrye » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 pm

sirwillis wrote:I don't know how to code, but if someone is looking to code this I would suggest making a "dust cloud" appear when the mid-air jump is made so it doesn't look so weird
Mario doesn't have a mid air jump- the triple jump is three jumps in a row with landing on the ground in between.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

The long jump and backflip are much fun too.

sirwillis

Post by sirwillis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 am

sammyrye wrote:
sirwillis wrote:I don't know how to code, but if someone is looking to code this I would suggest making a "dust cloud" appear when the mid-air jump is made so it doesn't look so weird
Mario doesn't have a mid air jump- the triple jump is three jumps in a row with landing on the ground in between.
oops