custom weapon requests

samjb1992

custom weapon requests

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:40 pm

if there is any weapon you would like me to try to make for you guys please leave a comment with what you want and i will get on it.
please leave any texture coloring info you want and design ideas.

and if anyone can help me with sharp maps i would be very grateful.

if u have any quality issues with my weapons please let me know right away and tell me what you would like changed i am very open to ideas for how to improve my products.

here is a link to a video i made on how to install my weapons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6BVdFQ ... ata_player

NEW NOTE: PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW WEAPON PACK CALLED "BONE WEAPON COLLECTION" THEY ARE SOME WEAPONS I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR A FEW WEEKS AND THEY R SOME OF MY BEST I THINK. SO CHECK THEM OUT PLEASE :)
here is a photo of my most recent weapon i made for OG
Attachments
death axe1.jpg
death axe1.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
sneak peak at the bone weapon collection
sneak peak at the bone weapon collection
bone claw3.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
dragon staff 2.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
dragon staff3.jpg
dragon staff3.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
dragon staff2.jpg
dragon staff2.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
dragon staff1.jpg
dragon staff1.jpg (8.7 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
odd weapon2.jpg
odd weapon2.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
odd weapon 2.zip
texture error is now fixed
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
katana.zip
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
katana 2.jpg
katana 2.jpg (24.25 KiB) Viewed 7180 times
buster blade2.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
buster sword2.jpg
buster sword2.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
new sword4.jpg
new sword4.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 7300 times
new sword2.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
new sword.zip
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 277 times
new sword3.jpg
new sword3.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
new sword2.jpg
new sword2.jpg (12.38 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
new sword1.jpg
new sword1.jpg (8.55 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
sythe sword 2.jpg
sythe sword 2.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 7368 times
sythe sword 2 blade.jpg
sythe sword 2 blade.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 7368 times
data.zip
tribal sword
(742.56 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Last edited by samjb1992 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 18 times in total.

CJAwesome

Re: custom weapon requests

Post by CJAwesome » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Is there anyway you could make dual knives or swords or something like that, with a tribal pattern.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm

CJAwesome wrote:Is there anyway you could make dual knives or swords or something like that, with a tribal pattern.
i could try to make dual if the game will let me, and what type of tribal pattern would you want?

Baron

Post by Baron » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm

A falling safe or piano.

Dual weaponing them too would be a definite plus and a credit to you as a mod maker.

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 am

I'm not bothered that much but these would be cool:
tribal-tattoo-designs[1].jpg
tribal-tattoo-designs[1].jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
[

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Baron wrote:A falling safe or piano.

Dual weaponing them too would be a definite plus and a credit to you as a mod maker.
this project is easier said then done though. i am not an expert computer programer so this may take a little while to complete.

plus i do not know how to program the dynamics or how to trigger a falling object so i would need help to make a falling safe or things like that sorry.
Last edited by samjb1992 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 pm

CJAwesome wrote:I'm not bothered that much but these would be cool:
The attachment tribal-tattoo-designs[1].jpg is no longer available
[
does this look like a tribal pattern you would like?
pics of sword and download for sword are attached
Attachments
data.zip
this is the sword with the tribal pattern
(742.56 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
sythe sword 2.jpg
sythe sword 2.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 7368 times
sythe sword 2 blade.jpg
sythe sword 2 blade.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 7368 times

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:43 pm

That looks more like damascus steel or pattern-welded steel, a type of steel where different layers create patterns in the metal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel
[+] Damascus blades
The blades have a good shape, but you could get a similar effect with less faces quite easily. Have you watched any lowpoly tutorials yet? You seem to have a good understanding of the basic tools so it shouldn't take you long to get the hang of it. The texturing could also use a little more work. What programs are you using?

For the tribal patterns, I found some nice photo references from this museum's site:
http://www.arscives.com/historysteel/ph ... swords.htm

You could trace the edges of the tribal pattern to create something that looks like an engraving. You could have the edges dark over the polished blade, or as lighter engravings in a darker area.
[+] inlays

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Endoperez wrote:That looks more like damascus steel or pattern-welded steel, a type of steel where different layers create patterns in the metal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel
[+] Damascus blades
The blades have a good shape, but you could get a similar effect with less faces quite easily. Have you watched any lowpoly tutorials yet? You seem to have a good understanding of the basic tools so it shouldn't take you long to get the hang of it. The texturing could also use a little more work. What programs are you using?

For the tribal patterns, I found some nice photo references from this museum's site:
http://www.arscives.com/historysteel/ph ... swords.htm

You could trace the edges of the tribal pattern to create something that looks like an engraving. You could have the edges dark over the polished blade, or as lighter engravings in a darker area.
[+] inlays
first thank you for the references and ideas, second what about the textures need work?
the program i am using is called 'cinema 4d r12'. no i have not watched any tuts on low ploy modeling i have been working on using less faces though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 pm

samjb1992 wrote:first thank you for the references and ideas, second what about the textures need work?
the program i am using is called 'cinema 4d r12'. no i have not watched any tuts on low ploy modeling i have been working on using less faces though.
I haven't used Cinema 4D, so I can't help there. What do you use for texturing, or are you doing that in the C4D as well?

Well, there's lots you could do. What you have now looks similar to what I used to do in Blender 3D when I only knew how to use the procedural textures. It has parts that are the metal and parts that are the hilt, but it lacks detail. There's no sharp edge in the blade, no dots of rust anywhere, no decoration in the hilt, no wooden parts, no decoration.

It's what you're already doing with the shape - at first glance, it's a curved blade, but when you look at it a bit more, it has a more complex and interesting shape. It starts straight, there's a nice bend to it, etc. The handle, too, isn't just a cylinder. The texture also needs to be interesting and vary a bit along the object's length.

For example, your blade could have a pattern similar to the current one, but toned down so it's barely noticeable. Then you use an image editing program to layer the tribal pattern on it. That way, the obvious layer of interest is the tribal pattern, and the smaller hidden layer of interest is the pattern in the blade. You notice the tribal right away, and when you look at it a bit longer, you notice the pattern. The hilt could have wood, metal, and decorations in the metal part.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Oh my, Endo. You sure do post the best weapon pictures on this forum.
I'd like to make these for OG, someday:
[+] More Weapons, Yo

And the ever lovable battle spoon.
Yeah, those will be fun. But, alas! More projects I want to do!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Endoperez wrote:
samjb1992 wrote:first thank you for the references and ideas, second what about the textures need work?
I haven't used Cinema 4D, so I can't help there. What do you use for texturing, or are you doing that in the C4D as well?

Well, there's lots you could do. What you have now looks similar to what I used to do in Blender 3D when I only knew how to use the procedural textures. It has parts that are the metal and parts that are the hilt, but it lacks detail. There's no sharp edge in the blade, no dots of rust anywhere, no decoration in the hilt, no wooden parts, no decoration.

It's what you're already doing with the shape - at first glance, it's a curved blade, but when you look at it a bit more, it has a more complex and interesting shape. It starts straight, there's a nice bend to it, etc. The handle, too, isn't just a cylinder. The texture also needs to be interesting and vary a bit along the object's length.

For example, your blade could have a pattern similar to the current one, but toned down so it's barely noticeable. Then you use an image editing program to layer the tribal pattern on it. That way, the obvious layer of interest is the tribal pattern, and the smaller hidden layer of interest is the pattern in the blade. You notice the tribal right away, and when you look at it a bit longer, you notice the pattern. The hilt could have wood, metal, and decorations in the metal part.
yes i am using c4d for the texturing as well, i will work on the textures thanks for advice, here are some patterns i am trying is this detailed enough?
Attachments
tribal sword.jpg
tribal sword.jpg (6.4 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
tribal sword2.jpg
tribal sword2.jpg (6.95 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
tribal sword4.jpg
tribal sword4.jpg (9.14 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
tribal sword3.jpg
tribal sword3.jpg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 7341 times

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Tha is looking much better. I like the damascus pattern. The decoration looks good up close in all images, but from afar the long, straight edge of images 2 and 4 looks distracting. It would probably work well for the handle. The zig-zag shape in 1 and 3 is more interesting when viewed from far away, although I'm not sure how well it would work if it was symmetrical. It's not exactly a tribal, though.

You should learn how to edit your textures in a 2D image editing software like Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net. Some things are much easier in them. Of course, others are easier in 3D software, but it's better to know both and choose which to use depending on what you're doing. There's no need to hurry, but it really does help. I've been through that myself.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Endoperez wrote:Tha is looking much better. I like the damascus pattern. The decoration looks good up close in all images, but from afar the long, straight edge of images 2 and 4 looks distracting. It would probably work well for the handle. The zig-zag shape in 1 and 3 is more interesting when viewed from far away, although I'm not sure how well it would work if it was symmetrical. It's not exactly a tribal, though.

You should learn how to edit your textures in a 2D image editing software like Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net. Some things are much easier in them. Of course, others are easier in 3D software, but it's better to know both and choose which to use depending on what you're doing. There's no need to hurry, but it really does help. I've been through that myself.
i am learning photoshop at moment, not very fluent yet but i am getting there, do these look any better detail wise?
Attachments
engraved sword 3.jpg
engraved sword 3.jpg (14.01 KiB) Viewed 7335 times
engraved sword 2.jpg
engraved sword 2.jpg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 7335 times
engraved sword 1.jpg
engraved sword 1.jpg (8.09 KiB) Viewed 7335 times

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Great Job! Thanks