custom weapon requests

samjb1992

Re: custom weapon requests

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Endoperez wrote:
samjb1992 wrote:the sword is done. :)
if you don't like the texture i have others made already just let me know what you want changed and i will work on it

Good job! I like the bold pattern, fits well with the sword.
thank you very much. i just tried to apply what you have taught me about texturing, i textured the sword in c4d and combined the pattern pic and a gold texture in photoshop.
thanks again for the help you are very good at explaining things and i like that you provide examples like pics and stuff like that to show what you mean when explaining, it gave me examples to work with in c4d. as i am only 19 years old i know i have a long time yet to get better and i thank you for helping me because 3d modeling, animation, and computer programing is what i want to do for a living after college.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

samjb1992 wrote:thank you very much. i just tried to apply what you have taught me about texturing, i textured the sword in c4d and combined the pattern pic and a gold texture in photoshop.
thanks again for the help you are very good at explaining things and i like that you provide examples like pics and stuff like that to show what you mean when explaining, it gave me examples to work with in c4d. as i am only 19 years old i know i have a long time yet to get better and i thank you for helping me because 3d modeling, animation, and computer programing is what i want to do for a living after college.
Don't worry about it! As I said, I've been there too. I started 3D when I was about your age, too, when I decided I wasn't that interested in programming. (edit: that made me sound like someone's grandpa... actually I'm just a few years older than you.)

A word of warning, though - if you can't draw, don't try to aim for a purely artistic position. Artists have to draw their own concept pieces too, including the colors, but a programmer with artistic skills to accompany the programming is allowed more leeway in that. Learning to draw is useful, but takes much more time than learning to use a 3D or 2D program.

It's interesting that you've done mostly highpoly modeling so far, while I've done lowpoly stuff since almost the beginning. I guess the first few tutorials you see might have a big impression on you - not that I remember what tutorials I might have seen back then! :D

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Endoperez wrote:
samjb1992 wrote:thank you very much. i just tried to apply what you have taught me about texturing, i textured the sword in c4d and combined the pattern pic and a gold texture in photoshop.
Don't worry about it! As I said, I've been there too. I started 3D when I was about your age, too, when I decided I wasn't that interested in programming. (edit: that made me sound like someone's grandpa... actually I'm just a few years older than you.)

A word of warning, though - if you can't draw, don't try to aim for a purely artistic position. Artists have to draw their own concept pieces too, including the colors, but a programmer with artistic skills to accompany the programming is allowed more leeway in that. Learning to draw is useful, but takes much more time than learning to use a 3D or 2D program.

It's interesting that you've done mostly highpoly modeling so far, while I've done lowpoly stuff since almost the beginning. I guess the first few tutorials you see might have a big impression on you - not that I remember what tutorials I might have seen back then! :D
well the reason i started with high poly models is because c4d makes it easy to work with high poly objects and edit or morph them, you should check the program out some time and yes you are right the tuts you see at first do make a difference, i mean my first model was of a barrette 50. cal sniper rifle.
that i saw a tut of how to make some parts of a rifle and then i took a pic of the barrette and used it as a reference image and went from there. it took 3 weeks to get done but that was mostly because i was learning the tools of the programs and now i am very fluent in the program. i have been making models for about 1 and half years so its not like i am a total nub at this. :D

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 pm

i want to see pics. :P

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 pm

akazi wrote:i want to see pics. :P
pic of what? all the swords have pics of them in the original post along with a download

BotheredMe

Post by BotheredMe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 am

I'm not gonna lie, that buster blade is not too shabby.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 am

BotheredMe wrote:I'm not gonna lie, that buster blade is not too shabby.
is there some thing you want changed? i will gladly change it to your liking.

BotheredMe

Post by BotheredMe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Nah, it's a great model, Sam. The image of Obama is that of intrigue and impression, showing you did a good job. No need to critique it further lol.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 pm

BotheredMe wrote:Nah, it's a great model, Sam. The image of Obama is that of intrigue and impression, showing you did a good job. No need to critique it further lol.
thank you for the complement, and i am still working on an new sword from ancient rome and egypt, pics of progress coming soon.

Andri062

Post by Andri062 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 am

hi can you make a katana?

and have it not one hit kill a little more damage than the knife?.

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am

Andri062 wrote:hi can you make a katana?

ya like 2 hits to kill would be cool.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

akazi wrote:

yes I will try to make it

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:29 pm

samjb1992 wrote:
akazi wrote:

yes I will try to make it
awesome

Andri062

Post by Andri062 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

thx

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Andri062 wrote:thx
the katana is modeled and game ready, i am now just trying to make it a two hit kill as requested, if you want the one hit kill version posted i can post that today but i am having trouble working with the damage ratio on the two hit kill version, the only problem i am having is no matter what numbers i put for the damage in the attack xml files it always kills the AI in one hit. just wanted to let you know i have not been ignoring your request and that i am almost done.