custom weapon requests

samjb1992

Re: custom weapon requests

Post by samjb1992 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 pm

and have it not one hit kill a little more damage than the knife?.[/quote]
ya like 2 hits to kill would be cool.[/quote]

yes I will try to make it[/quote]
awesome[/quote]

the katana is done except for the two hit kill part, i am having trouble with changing the damage amount in the attack xml files, but a one hit kill version is done and i will upload that today and work on and upload the two hit version when it is done

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:38 am

hey, nice work on these weapons. i always wanted a katana in game and i like how its one handed so now i have a sword in game that's one handed and actually works annd can be sheathed. its really cool, looks cool too. i tried your OddWeapon and it looks really cool but i get a whale fail cause the texture wasn't the right one or something. still looks really cool even with the Whalefail plaid texture

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Gogg.B1 wrote:hey, nice work on these weapons. i always wanted a katana in game and i like how its one handed so now i have a sword in game that's one handed and actually works annd can be sheathed. its really cool, looks cool too. i tried your OddWeapon and it looks really cool but i get a whale fail cause the texture wasn't the right one or something. still looks really cool even with the Whalefail plaid texture
i am sorry about the texture i will check it out and fix that, i will re-upload it today so download it again, i will delete the old one so it will be in the same place as the whale fail one.

Monkeyy

Post by Monkeyy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:54 am

You've done some great jobs but personally I'd like to seem some less fantasy weapons. Using red and black colours, other decroative patterns and having lots of spiky bits etc seems to be a common thing with community created weapons but I'd like to see what you could come up with that looks like it would fit the game's aesthetic!

Excellent work though, I'm planning on maybe getting into a bit ofmodelling soon :]

Splicorice

Post by Splicorice » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 am

Could you please give me a rundown of how to create custom weapons?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Splicorice wrote:Could you please give me a rundown of how to create custom weapons?
You model a thing. You texture a thing. You export model into an OBJ file. You edit XML file to match ones in /Data/Objects. You edit another XML file to match /Data/Items.

3D modeling and texturing are too complicated to sum up here, but there's programs and tutorials available for those.

The XML files are text files similar to HTML files, and are very simple if you've ever done any coding, scripting or HTML. The object XML tells the game which textures an OBJ mesh uses when shown in-game. The item XML tells the game how to use an object defined in an object XML as a physics object - weight, damage, weapon type / animations, etc.

Splicorice

Post by Splicorice » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok thank you!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 am

i hope you guys like the dragon staff, it took a while to make and i have a quad-blade spear done and it will be uploaded soon, just waiting because i did not know if you guys wanted a weapon like that so if you do tell me and i will upload it right away

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 am

Monkeyy wrote:You've done some great jobs but personally I'd like to seem some less fantasy weapons. Using red and black colours, other decroative patterns and having lots of spiky bits etc seems to be a common thing with community created weapons but I'd like to see what you could come up with that looks like it would fit the game's aesthetic!

Excellent work though, I'm planning on maybe getting into a bit ofmodelling soon :]
thank you for your support of my work i hope the staff is something like what you wanted me to make, i also wanted to thank you for your input because it helps me find out what weapons would not just be popular but what would be useful and you are right it is common for people to make weapons that don't fit with the games main idea, and that is why i thank you because you helped me to see that i was getting to much away from the games weapon types and just making anything that seemed cool to have. so thanks again and please try the staff and i have a 4-bladed spear i will upload next if people want it.

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 pm

It's been fun trying your weapons, made fighting so much more fun!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:11 pm

CJAwesome wrote:It's been fun trying your weapons, made fighting so much more fun!
thanks, i am working on a new weapon as we speak

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:14 am

samjb1992 wrote:
CJAwesome wrote:It's been fun trying your weapons, made fighting so much more fun!
thanks, i am working on a new weapon as we speak
Can't wait

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Can't wait[/quote]

the weapon is done and i am uploading it today, or would you guys rather i release it as part of my new project called "the bone weapon collection"?

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 pm

I think it should be in a collection. That sounds cool.

olike1993

Post by olike1993 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:26 pm

how did I only just found out about your topic. I really like your models so far and I'm gonna try them out right now :D