custom weapon requests

Almkrona

Re: custom weapon requests

Post by Almkrona » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Well, a weapon for the game. If anything, I would love a boomerang. Just a plain boomerang in which you throw and it comes back. I don't mean like the boomerang homes in on you, I mean where you threw it from, it will come back to that location. This boomerang will have a sharp edge that slashes or sticks to a enemy where the later kills him.

Other then that, maybe a bow. Arial shots would be damn sweet, but I think this would be way to OP.

Something else that I would like to see in the game would be a pair of Tonfas.Image

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Almkrona wrote: Something else that I would like to see in the game would be a pair of Tonfas.Image
pretty....

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Almkrona wrote:Well, a weapon for the game. If anything, I would love a boomerang. Just a plain boomerang in which you throw and it comes back. I don't mean like the boomerang homes in on you, I mean where you threw it from, it will come back to that location. This boomerang will have a sharp edge that slashes or sticks to a enemy where the later kills him.

Other then that, maybe a bow. Arial shots would be damn sweet, but I think this would be way to OP.

Something else that I would like to see in the game would be a pair of Tonfas.Image
i have to be honest a bow or boomerang would be cool but i have no idea on how to work with the dynamics of the game to make the boomerang come back and i don't think the game even supports a ranged attack from as far away as a bow would be and i can't make custom "anm" files right now so the bow can't be done either, sorry but if you have any other request please feel free to let me know, i am working on a collection of bone weapons right now but i can still work on other request too.

Almkrona

Post by Almkrona » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:01 am

samjb1992 wrote:
Almkrona wrote:Well, a weapon for the game. If anything, I would love a boomerang. Just a plain boomerang in which you throw and it comes back. I don't mean like the boomerang homes in on you, I mean where you threw it from, it will come back to that location. This boomerang will have a sharp edge that slashes or sticks to a enemy where the later kills him.

i have to be honest a bow or boomerang would be cool but i have no idea on how to work with the dynamics of the game to make the boomerang come back and i don't think the game even supports a ranged attack from as far away as a bow would be and i can't make custom "anm" files right now so the bow can't be done either, sorry but if you have any other request please feel free to let me know, i am working on a collection of bone weapons right now but i can still work on other request too.
I didn't really think through how it all would work. The bow would require a lot of coding and such. With the boomerang, I would actually be happy with a boomerang model replacing the knife model to make it look like a boomerang.
As for the tonfas, I was actually thinking of something to defend yourself from weapons without losing the hand-combat. I know that there are weapons that do that ingame(like the rabbit catcher), but these weapons will sooner or later get their own weapon animations.
Just forget about the bow.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:52 am

Almkrona wrote:I didn't really think through how it all would work. The bow would require a lot of coding and such. With the boomerang, I would actually be happy with a boomerang model replacing the knife model to make it look like a boomerang.
As for the tonfas, I was actually thinking of something to defend yourself from weapons without losing the hand-combat. I know that there are weapons that do that ingame(like the rabbit catcher), but these weapons will sooner or later get their own weapon animations.
Just forget about the bow.
There might not be an easy way to get a tonfa into both hands yet. However, there is a buckler (small shield) assets that will attach to the arm, and once that's working you can make a tonfa using that system. Before that, you're probably limited to only using a tonfa in one hand.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 am

I didn't really think through how it all would work. The bow would require a lot of coding and such. With the boomerang, I would actually be happy with a boomerang model replacing the knife model to make it look like a boomerang.
Just forget about the bow.[/quote]

i would be happy to make a boomerang model as long as you know it would not come back when you throw it

StrandedBigMac

Post by StrandedBigMac » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 pm

You sure these would be friendly with the Overgrowth lore? :|

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

StrandedBigMac wrote:You sure these would be friendly with the Overgrowth lore? :|
no idea but i am just taking request so, and the other stuff is just cool stuff, if you want to tell me what weapons fit with overgrowth lore i would be happy to make some of those weapons

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 am

StrandedBigMac wrote:You sure these would be friendly with the Overgrowth lore? :|
Mods don't have to fit in to OG lore. I mean, at least these are weapons - I remember seeing an ice cream van object in the engine before... :lol:

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Haha, oh man that is win.

TechnoDirt

Post by TechnoDirt » Sat May 05, 2012 1:53 pm

I always wanted a staff to be in the game, I have no idea whether it is possible without making custom animations etc as i don't believe there to be a similar weapon in the game already, unless I have missed it then ignore this

last

Post by last » Sat May 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Actually there is a staff weapon that Aubrey made and you can load it into the game already.
Now there are few choices for you. Do you have latest Anton main menu mod or SUM launcher? If not then maybe you should think about them.
The thing is that with SUM launcher you can install Anton's main menu mod that adds 95+ maps for you. + It also installs my item browser tab mod.

Now when you don't want to install them you can still download my item browser mod separately from those things from here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13335&start=30#p161604

Now that you have my mod either installed trough Anton's main menu mod or without it you can find staff weapon from O2 tab (warning there are 2 staffs in there 1 is static object 2 is actual weapon itself).

Oh and there is final method without installing any mods at all.
So all you have to do is open up item browser, and there you should see load external item. click on it and navigate into Data/Items/ folder and open up staffbasic.xml and place it somewhere.
Attachments
OvergrowthScreenshot00119.jpg

TechnoDirt

Post by TechnoDirt » Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 am

last wrote:Actually there is a staff weapon that Aubrey made and you can load it into the game already.
Now there are few choices for you. Do you have latest Anton main menu mod or SUM launcher? If not then maybe you should think about them.
The thing is that with SUM launcher you can install Anton's main menu mod that adds 95+ maps for you. + It also installs my item browser tab mod.

Now when you don't want to install them you can still download my item browser mod separately from those things from here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13335&start=30#p161604

Now that you have my mod either installed trough Anton's main menu mod or without it you can find staff weapon from O2 tab (warning there are 2 staffs in there 1 is static object 2 is actual weapon itself).

Oh and there is final method without installing any mods at all.
So all you have to do is open up item browser, and there you should see load external item. click on it and navigate into Data/Items/ folder and open up staffbasic.xml and place it somewhere.
Cheers, love the staff :D

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 pm

How about a flail? it would look awesome to swing it at people to disarm them.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu May 31, 2012 2:18 pm

SonarBeserk wrote:How about a flail? it would look awesome to swing it at people to disarm them.
Animated flails don't work...