[Mod] AAorris' mod collection

AAorris

[Mod] AAorris' mod collection

Post by AAorris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

I've been toying a lot with code, and I like switching between them. I'm going to compile the mods I make into one big hunk that you can toggle really easy!

Download link for different alphas: Here's what I've got so far. It also includes descriptions for doing it yourself, which you could do with a little determination:

Slow motion mod
[+] description
Computer can't take the heat when you're unleashing your skills on piles of ragdolling rabbits?

Mine can't, so I made a little mod to help myself and anyone else who still wants to play Anton's massacre20!

It makes things better, but with the way I have things implemented, it's likely not the fastest.
To use it, press '[' and ']' to change the slow motion speed, and '=' to toggle it on and off!
Slow motion is activated whenever the battle music comes on.

If you have reasons to change aschar yourself like I would, it's really easy to do.

Right at the first line, type in:

Code: Select all

#include "../Custom/aaorris/AAod.as"
Then, search for "Update(" to find the update function.
Change

void Update(int _num_frames) {
    num_frames = _num_frames;
to

void Update(int _num_frames) {
    num_frames = _num_frames;
    aaod.Update(); //aaorris
and you're good to go!

You'll also be getting my sword masamune, all you have to do is load the object which is at Data/Custom/aaorris/masamune/masamune_i.xml.

If you have any questions or things you'd like changed or modded, write up a comment! Enjoy!

Oh - and changing settings is easy, even for non-coders! AAod.as (in the Data/Custom folder) has two things you can set. slowmod = false would make the mod be off by default, which is still togglable by =. aa_slowness changes how slow things are! 0.1 is slow, and 0.9 is almost normal speed. Don't make it too low or some odd things can happen! (and fast motion doesn't work, if you got any ideas...)
Versus mod
[+] description
Play against a computer or player. Just make sure you're in a level with only two characters and you're good to go! Press V to toggle it on and off.

To do this one yourself, you have to change a few hardcoded lines.
go to level.as and

search "Update()".
change "bool versus_mode ="...
to "bool versus_mode = GetNumCharacters() == 2 && ReadCharacter(0).controlled || ReadCharacter(1).controlled);"

then,

search for "VictoryCheckVersus()"
change "if(controller == 0)"
to "if(which_alive ==0)".

Finally, go to aschar.as
search for "ApplyCameraControls()"
change "bool chared_cam =..."
to "bool shared_cam =GetNumCharacters() == 2 && (ReadCharacter(0).controlled || ReadCharacter(1).controlled);".

That ought to do it, although I didn't test it. Give me the heads up if anyone's trying to do it themselves and having problems!
Movement mod
Coming back soon...
Last edited by AAorris on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gogg.B1

Re: [Mod] AAorris' mod collection

Post by Gogg.B1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 pm

i couldn't get the VS mod to work like the one steelRaven7 made, theres no GUI for the dueling and the camera doesnt lock into fighting mode. so i think somethings wrong there.

And i like your slow motion mod, its cool and fun to use. the only thing i don't like about it is that its on by default and every time I reset the level or match it turns back on again. i know that the mod is for people with slower computers so I can see why you made it that way, so its easier for them. but if i had any suggestion id say itd be cool to have the mod remember the settings after you reset the level or the game if either of those things are possible.

but great work i wish i could help but i cant code at all.

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Gogg.B1 wrote:i couldn't get the VS mod to work like the one steelRaven7 made, theres no GUI for the dueling and the camera doesnt lock into fighting mode. so i think somethings wrong there.

And i like your slow motion mod, its cool and fun to use. the only thing i don't like about it is that its on by default and every time I reset the level or match it turns back on again. i know that the mod is for people with slower computers so I can see why you made it that way, so its easier for them. but if i had any suggestion id say itd be cool to have the mod remember the settings after you reset the level or the game if either of those things are possible.

but great work i wish i could help but i cant code at all.
Edit: I didn't even include the versus mod mod file! I'm surprised anything even worked at all. I'll have that updated in the next 5 minutes, so when you see this, it should be fixed. I'll be sure to double test things this time!

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm

All done! The download should be updated, you just have to overwrite all the files! I added a readme and commented the AAod.as file so people can edit it easier.

Sorry about the trouble! I seem to have a bad reputation for rough starts on projects. U_U

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:53 pm

haha its ok it happens all the time, nothing to worry about. I'm glad i could help test it. It's good that you're making these mods for the community, you are making some really good stuff and i'm looking forward to whatever might be next.

I like the changes you made with the slow mo mod and the versus thing seems to be working perfectly now, thanks a lot.
another thing i like is the Config file in your custom folder, i think its a good idea since going into Aschar.as and editing stuff is pretty intimidating to the average person since there's so much there.

Only thing I noticed is that I decided to overwrite the Wakazashi files that I already had from your other post and I noticed one of the files wasn't the same size. I thought you may have updated it but the Sword file in your mod pack might be broken. when I hit someone with it, it seems to register like 10 hits all very fast and the guy goes flying. This doesn't happen with the files from your original release of the sword. so I just thought I'd let you know

buut it would make for an awesome super move if it didn't happen evertime

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Gogg.B1 wrote:haha its ok it happens all the time, nothing to worry about. I'm glad i could help test it. It's good that you're making these mods for the community, you are making some really good stuff and i'm looking forward to whatever might be next.

I like the changes you made with the slow mo mod and the versus thing seems to be working perfectly now, thanks a lot.
another thing i like is the Config file in your custom folder, i think its a good idea since going into Aschar.as and editing stuff is pretty intimidating to the average person since there's so much there.

Only thing I noticed is that I decided to overwrite the Wakazashi files that I already had from your other post and I noticed one of the files wasn't the same size. I thought you may have updated it but the Sword file in your mod pack might be broken. when I hit someone with it, it seems to register like 10 hits all very fast and the guy goes flying. This doesn't happen with the files from your original release of the sword. so I just thought I'd let you know

buut it would make for an awesome super move if it didn't happen evertime
That's interesting, I noticed that effect when I was playing massacre20! I'll look into it...

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:10 pm

For both the level.as and aschar.as, you mention lines that we should change that don't appear to exist. I.e., in level.as, I could not find the line "if(controller == 0)". And in aschar.as, I could not find the line "bool chared_cam =". I figured that the "..." in the aschar.as line shouldn't be included so I just searched exactly what I have in quotes, there. Couldn't find it.

HOWEVER. That doesn't even seem to matter because when I launched my game, the versus mode worked anyway. Cool mod! Thanks :D

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 am

Rovert wrote:For both the level.as and aschar.as, you mention lines that we should change that don't appear to exist. I.e., in level.as, I could not find the line "if(controller == 0)". And in aschar.as, I could not find the line "bool chared_cam =". I figured that the "..." in the aschar.as line shouldn't be included so I just searched exactly what I have in quotes, there. Couldn't find it.

HOWEVER. That doesn't even seem to matter because when I launched my game, the versus mode worked anyway. Cool mod! Thanks :D
Sorry! I meant if you wanted to do it yourself from your own aschar, they are instructions to write the mod yourself, not install it! Just copying the files will do it for anyone, but sometimes someone like me wouldn't want to write over their own mods! That means that the lines aren't there, because I changed them! At least that's what I think...

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm

AAorris wrote:
Rovert wrote:For both the level.as and aschar.as, you mention lines that we should change that don't appear to exist. I.e., in level.as, I could not find the line "if(controller == 0)". And in aschar.as, I could not find the line "bool chared_cam =". I figured that the "..." in the aschar.as line shouldn't be included so I just searched exactly what I have in quotes, there. Couldn't find it.

Sorry! I meant if you wanted to do it yourself from your own aschar, they are instructions to write the mod yourself, not install it! Just copying the files will do it for anyone, but sometimes someone like me wouldn't want to write over their own mods! That means that the lines aren't there, because I changed them! At least that's what I think...
Ah. I guess I misread your instructions. No harm done! I finally get to beat the shit out of the AI in a more "refined" manner. And it is oh so sweet.