[Map] Peeps

Djemps

[Map] Peeps

Post by Djemps » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Happy belated Easter everyone!

I had a little free time today and decided to whip together a fun little Easter themed map for everyone to enjoy.

The level takes place inside an Easter 'basket', with Turner assuming the role of a chocolate bunny. His basket has been invaded by four marshmallow bunny Peeps. It is up to the chocolate bunny to hunt down the pastel colored invaders and restore peace to his precious basket.

Have fun!
Attachments
peeps.xml
(40.25 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Djemps

Re: [Map] Peeps

Post by Djemps » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

I just wanted to provide a more detailed description of the map.

Although it is based on a silly premise, I would actually consider Peeps a 'Challenge Map': You are confined in a fairly small region, with four Guard Rabbits in close proximity. You can't see any of the guards' locations from Turner's starting point. Generally, by the time you've found a bad-guy, they've found you. The guards are walking patrol paths, so there are ways to sneak up and take care of them one at a time, but even a choke-out has to be planned at the right time to avoid another guard discovering you.

If you find the level is running too slow, or it is too difficult, I would suggest removing the Blue Guard. He seems to cause the most problems; always stumbling upon you in mid assassination. :mrgreen:

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

This sounds just awesome. I'll probably forget to try it out, but I can't wait to see it on OG Weekly.

AAorris

Post by AAorris » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Here's a video so people can see!

That's a lot of fun, Djemps! I haven't found any way to not bump into all of them.

And the basket was a great idea.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for showing a video demo, AAoris!

One good method is to sneak behind the Egg on Turner's Left. Wait for the Green guard to walk away, and keep hidden until the Yellow guard comes very close to the Egg. Choke him out ASAP, because the Blue guard might show up just as you've finished taking out Yellow. If you pull off the choke in stealth, or manage to end Blue quickly, the next step is to hurry back around the edge of the Basket and hide behind the Egg that was on Turner's Right at the start of the level. Green will show up on this opposite side, wait for the right moment and then choke him out. Again, you will probably be discovered by Pink just as Green passes out, so be ready for a fight.

I've found going into slow-mo for the assassinations helps me avoid messing up.

It's a tricky and fast paced map. I hope more people end up downloading it. :wink:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Djemps wrote:Thanks for showing a video demo, AAoris!

One good method is to sneak behind the Egg on Turner's Left. Wait for the Green guard to walk away, and keep hidden until the Yellow guard comes very close to the Egg. Choke him out ASAP, because the Blue guard might show up just as you've finished taking out Yellow. If you pull off the choke in stealth, or manage to end Blue quickly, the next step is to hurry back around the edge of the Basket and hide behind the Egg that was on Turner's Right at the start of the level. Green will show up on this opposite side, wait for the right moment and then choke him out. Again, you will probably be discovered by Pink just as Green passes out, so be ready for a fight.

I've found going into slow-mo for the assassinations helps me avoid messing up.

It's a tricky and fast paced map. I hope more people end up downloading it. :wink:
I've started including it in the menu mod, but haven't had time to finish the preview screen... I'm really looking forward to adding it in though... the level looks great!

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Anton wrote:
I've started including it in the menu mod, but haven't had time to finish the preview screen... I'm really looking forward to adding it in though... the level looks great!

Wow, Anton. Thanks for the positive words. I hate to give you any more work, but if you could update the Ambient Occlusions on the map as well, that would be awesome. For some reason the past two weeks' builds have been crashing whenever I try to update the AO.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Djemps wrote:
Anton wrote:

Wow, Anton. Thanks for the positive words. I hate to give you any more work, but if you could update the Ambient Occlusions on the map as well, that would be awesome. For some reason the past two weeks' builds have been crashing whenever I try to update the AO.
I can update it and give it to you, but it would be REALLY big to have everyone download it.... Also, for some reason, having all the shadow maps included crashes SUMLauncher when downloading, because there are SO MANY files... plus it would make the download really big (which it's already a big download...)

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:22 pm

No biggie then. Peeps is about smashing pastel colored marshmallow bunnies, not about super-realistic landscapes and shadows.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 am

I made a few screen shots while adding this map to the menu mod... I like a couple of them... Thought you might like to see...
peeps-1.jpg
peeps-2.jpg
peeps-3.jpg
peeps-4.jpg
peeps-5.jpg

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:11 pm

God those screen shots are great, I love all of them.