how does the damage system for weapons work?

samjb1992

how does the damage system for weapons work?

Post by samjb1992 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:29 pm

i am trying to change how much damage a weapon does to an enemy with each attack and i can't seem to get it to have anymore effect with increased states in the attack xml files for the dog hammer then with its original stats, how do u change the weapons attack xml so that the weapon does more damage?

SteelRaven7

Re: how does the damage system for weapons work?

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 am

Code: Select all

<block_damage min="0.0" max="0.1"/>
<damage min="0.0" max="0.1"/>
<sharp_damage min="0.5" max="0.7"/>
block_damage is the damage done if the attack is blocked.
damage is the normal blunt damage.
sharp_damage is sharpness damage.

I don't think there is a difference between blunt and sharpness damage right now, but I guess it'll affect armor differently somehow in the future.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:57 am

:D You're not using my hammer mod are you? The hammer wasn't functional for a while, so I add the spear animations and made it have weak default damage. The real damage with that weapon is the secondary impacts that it causes. My intent was to have it be used for pushing enemies into walls, floors and off cliffs, depending on the situation to make it more strategic. No armor yet means that a one-shot hammer attack is boring and OP.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Korban3 wrote::D You're not using my hammer mod are you? The hammer wasn't functional for a while, so I add the spear animations and made it have weak default damage. The real damage with that weapon is the secondary impacts that it causes. My intent was to have it be used for pushing enemies into walls, floors and off cliffs, depending on the situation to make it more strategic. No armor yet means that a one-shot hammer attack is boring and OP.
no and i got the weapons to do more damage now so i am happy