4 levels, 2 of which I made

adwuga

4 levels, 2 of which I made

Post by adwuga » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:58 pm

I have fixed these three levels in the main post of the Main Menu Mod, unfortunately the other two require scripty stuffs, which I don't know how to fix, and they would require weekly updates.

Adwuga - Obstacle Course (I made a bunch of improvements, and I finished it. Comes with cat actor to use in your
  • levels (It's the same as the one you play as, but I made an object for it, which was missing for some reason))

Alpharius - Emerald Valley (Works fine, no errors)

Rovert - Balance (This one gives me some confusing errors, but it still loads and everything works fine)

I also made a new level, dedicated to my love, Korban3, titled Hell. I showed a screenshot a while ago, but it has been heavily delayed. Just a warning, it is devilishly hard. :twisted: (both puns intended)

Here are pictures of my two levels. GET READY FOR A SCREENSHOT BARRAGE!

In case you are wondering, the first five images are of Hell, and the next five are of Obstacle Course.

Here are the files:

Emerald Valley
Balance
Obstacle Course
Hell

Silverfish

Re: 4 levels, 2 of which I made

Post by Silverfish » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:23 am

Oh man! Both of those levels you made look so unique! Can't wait to try them out when I get home! :D

Only thing I'm worried about is Hell being too dark, but we'll see!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 am

Thanks! Yeah, Hell is pretty dark, but the walls are all shiny, so you can still navigate. I wanted it to be dark, but I'm afraid I might have made it too dark. I worked on the level over a long period of time, and during it, detail textures were added, which made everything a lot brighter for some reason, and then there is a weird thing where the sky became a little bit pinker whenever I saved, and oranger when I adjusted the sun, which affected the darkness quite a bit, so I don't even know if it will look like that for you. I guess I'll find out when you play it!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 am

Turns out Hell was far too dark for me to see anything, so I can't play it. :(

Obstacle Course was reeeaaally nice though! The only problems I have with it is that I had no idea what to do at some points, I managed to get somewhere, but I'm still not sure if it was the right way.

I also really dislike that it's so easy in some places to fall down so you need to retry the entire level (unless you cheat). And places like the basket room are annoying as well for the same reason, if you fall down you loose progress and it can be frustrating.

Other than that I really like the level!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't really like the basket room. It's not the room itself that's bad, it's just frustrating. I probably should have just made it a lot smaller. And I agree about the falling thing, I should have just put some checkpoint which is only a minor setback.

It seems the sun is as big as can be for hell, so I made every object brighter. It removes some of the dark feel, but that wasn't really a major element of the level. Hopefully this will work for you.
Attachments
Hell.xml
(242.25 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 pm

I do like Hell and Obstacle Course a lot! And updated my menu mod with them.

Also updated Balance! Thanks for fixing that!

I still can't get Emerald Valley to load for some reason though.

Also, I am having issues with your levels when they have spaces in the names... since everything in the menus is html, you should avoid spaces when you can.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time.

That's strange, I just tested it, and Emerald Valley worked fine for me. Too bad, it's a really cool level.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 pm

adwuga wrote:Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time.

That's strange, I just tested it, and Emerald Valley worked fine for me. Too bad, it's a really cool level.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I can't open it. I used to be able to... Some file in it causes an error, but I can't read the error because it shows up as a blank box.
not fun at all.

Pixelpants

Post by Pixelpants » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 am

That Obstacle Course was really something else. The parkour difficulty was all over the charts, much of it too much for me, particularly in one tight vertical space (mentioned above) I have dubbed "Hell in a Handbasket." I eventually managed to find the sword and get to the lone enemy, after some fudging with spawn point location since my ledge-grabbing ability broke somehow.

You certainly know how to make full use of the available space in a level. Abstract architecture is nice, but it would really help to add some signposts/text hotspots so one knows they are making progress through the level. For me, it was rather difficult keeping track of where I had been, much less where I was supposed to go.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Yeah, since I made the level, it was easy to know where to go for me, so I didn't realize how hard it was to know where to go for others. I'll try to make it more guided next time. I really should have made the basket part much shorter, or something different. And the ledge grabbing hasn't been working for me in certain spots on this and other levels. It's really annoying, and I remade certain parts around 8 times and it still wouldn't work. Thanks for the feedback!

bennyp

Post by bennyp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I enjoy the obstacle course. I also found it difficult to figure out where to go, and often got stuck in 'the basement' with that annoying curved read edge that is impossible to grab on to. Ironically, this is one of the few levels where I can effectively use parkour moves, since I play with a controller, and it can be hard to aim the direction of multiple wall jumps with the controller.

Looking forward to the next one. How bout adding some off the wall story elements in order to make it easier to find one's way through the maze? You could spraypaint taunts and directions on to the walls with decals, for example.

Cheers

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks! That's a good idea, and it will fit perfectly into my next level. Don't expect it soon though, I'm quite busy these days.

EDIT: Just wondering, did anyone notice anything unusual in the sky? Not the floating stuff, half dead birds, and giant cat, but something a little higher up...

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:35 pm

I can't say I did, no.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:07 pm

It's in the sky(box).