Endo's own thread

Gyrth

Re: Endo's own thread

Post by Gyrth » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 am

Done! I made it fit on the turner model. You'd have to make seperate Items for the wolf, guard etc. To get the placement just right is very annoying. You have to move the obj file just slightly. It follows the movement because of the animation you give it. The attachment to a bone doesn't seem to do much.
mask.png
mask.png (250.61 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
helmet.png
helmet.png (213.25 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
Use:
Spawn the object from the Items folder.
Select the object.
Press alt and click on the ring that appears on Turners body.

http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... adgear.zip

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 am

I've added this headgear into SUMLauncher now, so people can use it if they like.

The rest of the weapons are on my list, and will be added after the 48 hour jam...

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks, it looks awesome in the screenshots.

It looks like you had to reposition and rotate the 3D model saved in the OBJ file, is this correct? Do you know how it's aligned, like if it has to be aligned to a certain bone or something?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm

I've added your holiday candy cane weapons into SUMLauncher now. :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks! :D

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:17 am

Almost a year of inactivity, but now I've got first part of my Christmas mod (well, LATE Christmas mod) completed. For some reason I started the threadfor this in Randomness. This mod is an alternative Rapier, using the same stats but a lollipop-themed model.

Could someone test this for me? It might be missing some required files.

Extract the contents, and drag them to your Overgrowth folder. The Data folder should match OG's own Data folder, but it shouldn't replace any existing files.
http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... ier_v1.zip

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Works great! I would recommend using the small dog swords attack parameters instead of the cat rapier's because of the left swing on rapier isn't fixed and the dogs is.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:00 pm

What's the problem, exactly?

The dog sword was modeled point-towards-Z-axis (up). The cat rapier was modeled point-towards-X-axis(forward). I'd have to remake the normal map. Easy enough, but I'd like to know the exact reason. :)

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:56 pm

I was talking about the animations in the .xml file for the dog sword is more complete. Sorry I wasn't very specific.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:38 pm

One block anim was different, the file didn't have sword label... I don't know if I've fixed that or not. :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Endoperez wrote:Here's the glider V. 0.5. Only the model and the shader, no scripts yet, so you can't fly with it yet.

I haven't tested if this works and if all the files are put into the right places...

Could someone check if these load without errors?
AirGlider_firstTry.zip
I'm releasing this because the non-weapon object version looks rather cool on my PC, and the shader stuff should work well for others. It's should work as an ugly weapon that has buggy shadows, too.
release_v05.jpg
So, could someone add this into a level as an Object, and see if the shadows work as they should? I know the weaponized item doesn't work properly (on my PC).

Further comments welcome. Is it too glowy when inside shadows cast by other objects, how buggy is it as a weapon, etc. I'm still using A195 I think, so something might be broken.
I was looking at this file again, and when I tried to load it (both as an object, or as an item) I would get shader issues. They were fairly non-descript, and basically just said they couldn't compile. The object seemed to load, but wasn't visual (however, it did generate a shadow). Also, as an item, I was able to fight with it... it was just invisible...