[MAP]War In The City (Big City Map Used With Perm of Gyrth)

hoohoo4

[MAP]War In The City (Big City Map Used With Perm of Gyrth)

Post by hoohoo4 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm

This is my first working(hopefully) map, I hope you enjoy, now, to set the mood.

The dogs were once a proud race, who built a civilization from the ground up, brick by brick, and lived there, soon losing the need to learn to fight. Until one day, a group of cat traders came to the town with exotic goods and spices. Years passed, and finally the poison the cats had slipped into their wares began to take affect. The most able bodied of the dogs slowly and painfully died off, leaving the cat merchants to return home, and bring in a capturing force. The cats easily overcame the remaining dogs, and forced them into a slum to work in the factories.

The dogs became a broken people, without the will to fight back. The work in the factories made them strong, but sick of pollutants. Overcome with sickness, it was obvious that they could never take back their once glorious civilization.

Our story begins with Jasper, a young pup in his prime. He, like all other dogs, is weakened by sickness, though his muscles are strong. However unlike other dogs, he is extremely strong of mind. He thought and planned all day while working the factories, about how the dogs might rise up against their oppressors, and reclaim the city that was rightfully theirs. He knew strength was not an option, though the dogs did have more men than the cats. However that wasn't enough, they would lose if they rose without a plan or secret weapon. So Jasper held his tongue, and did not incite rebellion just yet...

*CLINK* the last piece snapped into place. When Jasper stumbled upon a metal ball a couple of days earlier, Jasper picked it up and ran off, hoping that his immediate postulations were correct. They were. At some point during the original takeover, the cats had bombarded the factory Jasper worked in with bombs. This was one of said bombs, but it was a dud. Jasper had opened it up, and found that it contained no gunpowder. Jasper felt defeated, until he remembered that the factory next to him manufactured a delicacy in cat culture, a sort of edible explosive gel. Over the course of two days, he managed to sneak out enough gel to blow up a large building. However there was a reason that the gel wasn't too heavily guarded, and that is because it would take the force of a train hitting the gel, even if it was in a bomb shell, to detonate it.

Yunik was strange for a dog, he seemed too large, too strong, and he tried to hide it. Turns out Yunik had immunity to the toxins produced at the factory he worked in, in fact, they seemed to make him stronger. He never thought his life would be any stranger than that, until he was contacted by Jasper. It was suicide, what Jasper wanted him to do. Detonate a bomb with his bare hands? Was there no other way? No? Fine then, he would do it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the download: linky

hoohoo4

Re: [MAP]War In The City (Big City Map Used With Perm of Gyr

Post by hoohoo4 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Note: This requires the Main Menu Mod.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 am

Put this one into the menu mod with no issues. :)

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 am

Very nice. I really like the story you created. But the kaboom didn't work at the end. I think because there are too many hotspots after each other. Thank you. :mrgreen:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Really awesome story you have there.

hoohoo4

Post by hoohoo4 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Those hotspots at the end were troublesome :\ and the upwards boost I just couldn't get working at all, I need some practice.

macbook24

Post by macbook24 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

Hey i have the menu mod but how do i put it in to play?
:|

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 am

macbook24 wrote:Hey i have the menu mod but how do i put it in to play?
:|
If you have the menu mod installed, look for it in the bottom row. This level is now a little bit old, so you might have to scroll for a bit, but you should find it. (Look for the title, Hoohoo4 - War In The City)

Mangkral

Post by Mangkral » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm

I try to run this map in overgrowth but it said that the dependencies are active and closes the game. HELP!!!!