HELP getting characters from Lugaru in Overgrowth

pure_krogan89

HELP getting characters from Lugaru in Overgrowth

Post by pure_krogan89 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 am

I was hoping to get the original Lugaru wolves and rabbits in to Overgrowth, but I need some help with getting the armature as a Phoenix Bone. Also, when that mission is accomplished, I need some help getting the color palette to work on them, due to the fact that I am a linux user and can't use the palette editor. I already have the rabbit model rigged and skinned, so you guys don't have to do everything. If anyone felt up to the task (Korban3, I summon thee!), I would greatly appreciate it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, forgot to upload an image of the rigged rabbit.
rig test.png

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Re: HELP getting characters from Lugaru in Overgrowth

Post by Jaz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 pm

A bit off topic, but the pallete editor doesn't work on Linux? :?

Might have to keep dualbooting with Windows if that's true until it's fixed. The pallete editor is vital to decent map design. :/

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:50 pm

why would you want the really really low quality model?

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Timbles wrote:why would you want the really really low quality model?
because it would be AWESOME!

last

Post by last » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm

You may think that this would be awesome to have low poly character in the engine but it may also turn into a problem. You see there is this thing that high poly objects are converted automatically into lower poly objects when you are moving away from them. So in your case you take a low poly object/character and it will be converted into even lower poly object when the game is first time loading that model into the game. And after that the game will decrease the poly amount even more when you are some distance away from it/that character.

I can even show you what i am talking about with a example. You install Oni mod and there is that guy called mukade that you should look at when you have placed him into a level and you start moving away from him.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 pm

last wrote:You may think that this would be awesome to have low poly character in the engine but it may also turn into a problem. You see there is this thing that high poly objects are converted automatically into lower poly objects when you are moving away from them. So in your case you take a low poly object/character and it will be converted into even lower poly object when the game is first time loading that model into the game. And after that the game will decrease the poly amount even more when you are some distance away from it/that character.

I can even show you what i am talking about with a example. You install Oni mod and there is that guy called mukade that you should look at when you have placed him into a level and you start moving away from him.
But still...AWESOME!I do know what you are saying, you have a good point.

pure_krogan89

Post by pure_krogan89 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 pm

The really low quality model had a certain charm that overgrowth lacked. Even though lugaru has really crappy models, they were efficient and charming. Also, it could give players the abilities that they always wanted in lugaru, like wall run and block.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:58 pm

pure_krogan89 wrote:
The really low quality model had a certain charm that overgrowth lacked. Even though lugaru has really crappy models, they were efficient and charming. Also, it could give players the abilities that they always wanted in lugaru, like wall run and block.
i would like the model more if i didnt encounter a naked rabbit each level and challenge.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:27 am

I RISE
Wire me the files, Johnson.

pure_krogan89

Post by pure_krogan89 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks Korban3!
Attachments
Rabbit.zip
(387.63 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

pure_krogan89

Post by pure_krogan89 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 am

Timbles wrote:
pure_krogan89 wrote:
i would like the model more if i didnt encounter a naked rabbit each level and challenge.
Also, I am planning on merging the clothes textures with the body textures. Should be fairly easy, and you don't have to worry about animal nudity.