[Character skin] Cat skin texture pack

phonetically

[Character skin] Cat skin texture pack

Post by phonetically » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Howdy. I've haven't been very active in the forums at all, however I think I like to share a few decent cat textures with the modding community. c:

Over time I may add more or update existing textures and move on to creating custom characters once I can load an actor with a custom object and rig without crashing the game. -.-; For now this is kind of a test for me.

Front:
Back:
CatActors:

Installation:
1. Extract the zip file
2. Place the "Phonetically" folder into "Data/Custom/"
3. cross fingers and hope it works?
3. Now you should be able to load the actor objects in game via Load Item in editor mode.

(if you need further instructions)
3.1 When the load items window opens up click the folder icon which displays a text box saying "load external object" when hovering the mouse over it.
3.2 Search for the "Phonetically" folder.
3.3 Load the xml files within the objects folder. (load _actor xml for playable character)

Current textures:
White
Black
Stripes
easter egg cat

Download:
http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... atpack.zip
EDIT: now available in the menu mod in the community items category.

If you come across any problems please let me know so I can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you! :wink:
Last edited by phonetically on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [Character skin] Cat skin texture pack

Post by Constance » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 pm

If you know how to model, you should start making clothes for the cats.

phonetically

Post by phonetically » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Timbles wrote:If you know how to model, you should start making clothes for the cats.
I haven't really thought about doing that before, but it seems like there aren't many cat mods out in the forums so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the idea. :)

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:20 am

Cool! They're cute.
It'd be great if you could do some modelling for the clothes and such! Be cool to see stuff like that getting done again. It's been a while since Andrige, EdT or I have really posted anything on characters.

phonetically

Post by phonetically » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:30 am

Korban3 wrote:Cool! They're cute.
It'd be great if you could do some modelling for the clothes and such! Be cool to see stuff like that getting done again. It's been a while since Andrige, EdT or I have really posted anything on characters.
Thanks!
And that's true, its been quiet for a while on new character models being develop. I've tested out lightly modded models in the past so I'm a bit familiar with the process, thanks to your wiki post on custom characters. :D

I made one worked as an actor one time, however now it just crashes the game when loaded. After some troubleshooting I narrowed the problem down to the exported .phxbn file. I'll keep checking the forums for answers on skeleton problems. @.@

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Glad it helped a little.
Lemme dig around too. EdT made some posts about the rigging that were important.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:02 pm

very nice job on these. i was thinking about making some skins for the cats my self, and i cant wait to see the next pack you make.

phonetically

Post by phonetically » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks! I like to see some new skins of cats from you, too. ^^ I wish I had more free time to work on the newer skin but I'm getting it done little by little |D
edit: plus I'm also working on a clothed cat model too
Last edited by phonetically on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:40 am

These are very cool! I'll have a look at adding them to the community item browser!

EDIT: Updating the menu mod now. Just a quick FYI, you don't need to include vanilla content like models, skeletons and normal maps, these can be directly referred to in the .xml files in the same way as the vanilla cat object does it. I've fixed this issue in the version included in the menu mod though.

phonetically

Post by phonetically » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 pm

wow thanks! Glad you like them
At first when I started this mod I was planning to use a custom object for a single cat, so at the time I used the vanilla cat as a place holder while i worked on it however that was scrapped. ^^; but thanks for fixing that!