[MAP] Stupid Quest

iDubbbz

[MAP] Stupid Quest

Post by iDubbbz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 am

Hey guys! I thought I'd try my hand at some map making. It's basically my first playable map. Tell me what you think! I'll probably be posting a video of it later today.

BTW: You guys rock! Keep making cool shit!

Here is a video of me playing the map:

To see any of my Overgrowth vids, check out my channel: Youtube.com/iDubbbztv

Download is below (I think it's now the correct download)
Attachments
iDubbbz_Map.xml
(216.53 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by iDubbbz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spudy

Re: [MAP] Stupid Quest

Post by spudy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

Hay iDubbz love your youtube vids anyways i think you uploaded the wrong map file this map only has two rabbits and a rock :P

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey iDubbbz, good to see you here on the forums. :)

So, yes, it does look like you have uploaded the wrong file. We are still trying to check why this is happening, but check to see if your map is actually stored at: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Anton wrote:Hey iDubbbz, good to see you here on the forums. :)

So, yes, it does look like you have uploaded the wrong file. We are still trying to check why this is happening, but check to see if your map is actually stored at: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels

That did it, it looks like. Thanks Anton, ur the the man with the solutions!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Yep, that seems to have fixed it. I'll be able to include it in the next menu mod update (which I am working on right now...)

spudy

Post by spudy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm

yup working now nice level but i want my free carrot :x

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm

You should be able to install this via menu mod now... :)

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

spudy wrote:yup working now nice level but i want my free carrot :x
Haha, I was considering putting a carrot there..Unfortunately I haven't figured out the right object/s to manipulate to make it look like a carrot.

btw
Thanks Anton. I just ran menu mod. Everythings great. Looks like there were a handful of maps I wasnt even aware of. W00t

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm

iDubbbz wrote:
spudy wrote:yup working now nice level but i want my free carrot :x
Haha, I was considering putting a carrot there..Unfortunately I haven't figured out the right object/s to manipulate to make it look like a carrot.

btw
Thanks Anton. I just ran menu mod. Everythings great. Looks like there were a handful of maps I wasnt even aware of. W00t
Glad everything worked. :) I try to push those updates as soon as maps are available, so you should always keep an eye on that menu mod tab. There should now be a field that tells you when the most recent update occurred, and the last time you updated, and so you should see if there's something new. I also *usually* remember to update our twitter feed @sumogutilities so that's another place to check for updates...

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 am

iDubbbz wrote: Haha, I was considering putting a carrot there..Unfortunately I haven't figured out the right object/s to manipulate to make it look like a carrot.
Make a bright orange chimney thing. I saw it done in some other OG video.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 am

with a tree as the top.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Haha, what a cool level. Every section I came to was a surprise, and it was fun finding all of the eggs. :mrgreen:

Great work!

The Galactic Man

Post by The Galactic Man » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey iDubbbz! I'm a fan who wanted to get this map. I downloaded and I came across this Error. It said could not load image file "Data/Textures/Plants/Trees/temperate/pine_needles_c.tga
I do not know what that means and I was hoping you or some other good fellow could help fix this. Thank you for your consideration.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 pm

The Galactic Man wrote:Hey iDubbbz! I'm a fan who wanted to get this map. I downloaded and I came across this Error. It said could not load image file "Data/Textures/Plants/Trees/temperate/pine_needles_c.tga
I do not know what that means and I was hoping you or some other good fellow could help fix this. Thank you for your consideration.
There are two ways to fix this issue. You can fix it manually by using the fix here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15285&p=163005&hil ... le#p163005

Or, you can install the menu mod, which will install 180 custom maps on your computer, unlock many default levels, and also fix the missing files. (it's about 1.3 GB right now, so it's not a small installation).

The Galactic Man

Post by The Galactic Man » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Anton wrote:
The Galactic Man wrote:Hey iDubbbz! I'm a fan who wanted to get this map. I downloaded and I came across this Error. It said could not load image file "Data/Textures/Plants/Trees/temperate/pine_needles_c.tga
There are two ways to fix this issue. You can fix it manually by using the fix here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15285&p=163005&hil ... le#p163005

Or, you can install the menu mod, which will install 180 custom maps on your computer, unlock many default levels, and also fix the missing files. (it's about 1.3 GB right now, so it's not a small installation).
Thank you, but how do I merge the file?