[Character] Monster

RagdollZombie

[Character] Monster

Post by RagdollZombie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 am

Edit: This character is shit, I'm not uploading it anymore sorry. ^^ Plus i need more space in my Dropbox...
Last edited by RagdollZombie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CJAwesome

Re: [Character] Monster

Post by CJAwesome » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 am

You're on a roll

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 am

Just need a little model polishing and HQ texturing then we will have our 1st Overgrowth [MYTH] character. Great Work. Vallejo18 approve this message.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I haven't found out how to fix the weird triangles that appear in the lighting on him, though hopefully someone knows how? XD

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Those triangles are created by bad normalmapping. I had them before on object mesh.

Where did you bake them? Using Blender's default settings, for example, won't work. Here Andrige shows the right axes in XNormal:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11227&start=15#p153258

I'd also recommend putting your stuff into a folder under /Data/Custom/RagdollZombie/folders , instead of inserting the files into the original folders. Also, the IGF_ in front of some characters refers to Independent Game Festival - they were making those characters and a versus mode so they could showcase the game there. You don't need to add it to your characters. In general, specific file names or folders don't matter as long as the XML files are referencing the right files.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't know why, but I REALLY like this character. It seems like he could be the star of his own game. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first hoofed character for Overgrowth.

Nice work!

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:02 am

Macrauchenia wrote:I don't know why, but I REALLY like this character. It seems like he could be the star of his own game. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first hoofed character for Overgrowth.

Nice work!
heehee thanks! I finally found a use for this model. I usually make characters just for fun, but some of them I don't do anything with them XD

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 am

Update: I've been able to fix most of the lighting/normal map problem, however, there is still a strange texture distortion that I get.

However, In the game, the colors in his texture become distorted

I'm not sure if this is a normal map problem, but I've used Xnormal to make the new normal map with the correct Axis. This problem still exists with all my other characters... does anyone know what it could be?
Last edited by RagdollZombie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudy

Post by spudy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am

HAHA love this char nice work :D

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

so does anyone have an idea for why the textures look so distorted like this?

last

Post by last » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:50 am

RagdollZombie wrote:so does anyone have an idea for why the textures look so distorted like this?
I think i have tracked this texture problem of yours down. You see that your texture is 1024x1024 px but usually the textures in Overgrowth are 2048x2048 px. And this may not be your only problem.
Once i removed the alpha channel from the color map and normals map i saw an ugly sight.
Somehow the textures aren't right.
monster_c.png
monster_normal.png

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:52 pm

i've made a better normal map but i havent updated the download file with it yet but i will once i get on my computer so i will edit this message once i've updated the dropbox file. and i'm not sure why the uv texture is acting like that...

EDIT: Fixed! Thanks Last! Also the problem with the lighting was because I had been making bad normal maps in blender... I am now using Xnormal to create the appropriate normal maps for overgrowth! Hopefully I can now start trying to make this guy a better and more detailed normal map, and update my previous characters with fixed versions!

The new update is now available in the first post, I hope you guys like it! :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I like this character. He's a little hard to fight with, and I can't figure out why. (I think it's the back spin kick...)

But the good news is that he's in the community content browser now!