[idea] Gore

Jamklanson

[idea] Gore

Post by Jamklanson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 pm

It would be cool if overgrowth had gore. Like, if the bladed weapon went through the body, but i'm not talking like it falls right there, it has to cut the whole piece that its cutting first. I'm sending this out because i'm tired of cutting a rabbit with a dog broadsword/Bastard sword and not having them being cut. Yes, this only insta-kills if you do it on the chest, leg, or head.

Noz

Re: [idea] Gore

Post by Noz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 pm

There is a little white box on the top right hand side of the forum page that allows you to access the vast archive of countless "I want dismemberment" threads currently collecting dust. Please use it. You could probably publish a large, marginless tome with all of the dismemberment suggestion threads. But if that's not your jam, you could just drive out to CA and whisper your suggestion into David's ear while he's sleeping.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Mod it yourself: then I might take an interest.

Jamklanson

Post by Jamklanson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:20 am

zzwerty wrote:Mod it yourself: then I might take an interest.
I don't know how to mod. Thats why i put it as an IDEA

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Sorry about their rudeness.

Dismemberment has been suggested a lot in these forums. Bows and arrows, multiplayer, and dismemberment are the big three suggestions. It was especially common about a year ago, with new threads popping up almost weekly. I guess a game came out featuring dismemberment, so people wanted Overgrowth to jump into the same cool boat. People who've been around for a long time are bored with these threads, and don't have anything else to say in these threads - unless you can provide more than just more talk.

All the things you mentioned have been mentioned earlier, and there are problems with your suggestion. For example, if you don't die automatically, are you supposed to crawl around the level veeeery sloooowly or what?

Here's a thread with lots of discussion.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12278

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Endoperez wrote:Sorry about their rudeness.
C'mon. It was funny.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 am

Noz wrote:C'mon. It was funny.
It was a joke ridiculing the new guy. I wouldn't mind it if it was just this one time, but I've noticed it's been going on in here for a while.

Noz

Post by Noz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Noz wrote:C'mon. It was funny.
It was a joke ridiculing the new guy. I wouldn't mind it if it was just this one time, but I've noticed it's been going on in here for a while.
Alright, I'll stop getting my jollies from jabbing the new preorderers. Probably not the best thing for the community.

Jamklanson

Post by Jamklanson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Endoperez wrote:Sorry about their rudeness.

Dismemberment has been suggested a lot in these forums. Bows and arrows, multiplayer, and dismemberment are the big three suggestions. It was especially common about a year ago, with new threads popping up almost weekly. I guess a game came out featuring dismemberment, so people wanted Overgrowth to jump into the same cool boat. People who've been around for a long time are bored with these threads, and don't have anything else to say in these threads - unless you can provide more than just more talk.

All the things you mentioned have been mentioned earlier, and there are problems with your suggestion. For example, if you don't die automatically, are you supposed to crawl around the level veeeery sloooowly or what?

Here's a thread with lots of discussion.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12278
No, you won't die automatically, but you will die in a few seconds, like bleeding out. Cause its not going to be fun having dismemberment without bleeding out :lol:

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 am

I only think of dismemberment only as a cosmetic thing, the character still dies but looses an arm. Maybe play the "neck cut" animation to look like he's actually bleeding to death.

Jamklanson

Post by Jamklanson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Retarded Username wrote:I only think of dismemberment only as a cosmetic thing, the character still dies but looses an arm. Maybe play the "neck cut" animation to look like he's actually bleeding to death.
Yeah, but instead of grabbing his neck, he grabs where the limb was before it was cut off, and gushing blood until he dies, like grabbing an enemy and cutting their necks open.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:23 pm

I think it would be awesome if enemies would start doing the pain ragdoll that the neck slice uses when they get killed by a sharp weapon, then go limp, unless the attack damages them enough.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Jamklanson wrote: Yeah, but instead of grabbing his neck, he grabs where the limb was before it was cut off, and gushing blood until he dies, like grabbing an enemy and cutting their necks open.
But... But characters don't grab their necks, they just move in pain, bleeding liters of blood until they die completely.
It's just fine like it is, they can recycle the animation as it is pretty versatile.

GERJake

Post by GERJake » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 am

If you create a gore mod you have to create each genitial you want to cut of an model.
So left arm, right arm model, head model, left leg, right leg model, torso/Body