[Map] Delos - The Ancient Twin Peak City - Update 4-9-13

Gogg.B1

Re: [Map] Delos - The Ancient Twin Peak City - WIP

Post by Gogg.B1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

akazi wrote:I get this error when trying to load the level: Image I get this randomly and kinda rarely when loading levels.

I'm not sure what's causing that but here's a version of the map without the enemy, Maybe that's whats giving you problems. Also could have something to do with the cache. Anyways I uploaded a version of the map with no enemy and a few very minor changes. Let me know if this helps.

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am

akazi wrote:I get this error when trying to load the level: Image I get this randomly and kinda rarely when loading levels.
I have this same problem. Map will load the sky and just kick it, forcing me to down OG. The one with no enemies works fine though so it might me the enemies. I gotta say though, I'm impressed. THe map is gloriously huge! :shock: I don't get that lag every one else is talking about because I run a high-end gaming comp. OG rarely puts my baby through any stress, but I do get a minor slowing in crapped spaced. Albeit that doesn't bother me at all, I'm looking this map and it looks amazing. This is the kind of place you want to fight multiple enemies or players in; sort of like a tower to heaven type deal. rise from the lower streets to the high-rise. or a city escape where you assassinated the king and now the guards try to stop you before you leave the city. If we ever get an online multiplayer established, I can see this map being extremely popular. Classy. I tip my hat to you, sir. :)

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks a lot for the feedback and I'm glad that you liked it. The newer updates to the game really fixed the lag it seems. I released this map when I was still on 194 because I had problems with 195 at first then figured it'd be easier to just stay at that version as I released it, but if I had updated and saw the performance boost then I probably wouldn't have even released it yet.

Anyways there will be updates soon, I seem to be having problems saving enemies and AI waypoints in this map on A197 but I plan on having very long walk paths so depending on how long it takes you to make it over the mountains you'll end up fighting in completely different places. Also I'd like to add some of the user made weapons after I talk to a few of their creators.

I'll have to redo the puzzles at the end and add much more content, it feels much better adding to this map knowing that i'll actually be able to play it without lag. I thought it would take longer for OG to be able to handle all these items so I figured id just release it so at least I didn't accidentally delete it at some point.
Update coming this week sometime.
Sorry, a little late on the update for anyone that may be reading this but its coming in the next few days.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Added to the community content browser.

And I must say, this map is HUGE! I really like all the work you have done on it! It still lags pretty bad for me, and I can't wait till we can play it with more freedom.

Gogg.B1

Re: [Map] Delos - The Ancient Twin Peak City - Update 4-9-13

Post by Gogg.B1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Good to see it on the Community browser, and im glad you like the map. i just updated it to day and there is a video showing off some of the updates.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Gogg.B1 wrote:Good to see it on the Community browser, and im glad you like the map. i just updated it to day and there is a video showing off some of the updates.
The new update is live in the Community Content browser. Just so you know, some of the things I had to change to make it work should be included in your next update.

Specifically, I added in the script file, which makes the level a challenge level. (Turns on music, and end screen.) And, I updated some files for you. Specifically, Data/Objects/cylinder.xml is actually a custom file made by Last, and so I replaced them all with his object, now located at Data/Custom/last/last_s_custom_objects/Objects/cylinder.xml

Sadly, my computer lags even more on the level now, but it still looks so pretty. :)

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 am

Great, thanks for updating it and for the advice on uploading these. I dont know how to make these scripts that youre talking about but ill look into them, i was wondering why the music wasn't playing.

Sorry to hear that about the lag, the map works suprisingly well for me, I get 60-90 fps through the whole map somehow and I have a i5 3.2ghz, Nvidia 2gb 560gtx and 4 gb PC3-12800 ram. hopefully I can get a few more people to post how well it runs for them.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 am

Gogg.B1 wrote:Great, thanks for updating it and for the advice on uploading these. I dont know how to make these scripts that youre talking about but ill look into them, i was wondering why the music wasn't playing.

Sorry to hear that about the lag, the map works suprisingly well for me, I get 60-90 fps through the whole map somehow and I have a i5 3.2ghz, Nvidia 2gb 560gtx and 4 gb PC3-12800 ram. hopefully I can get a few more people to post how well it runs for them.
The script thing is just something that needs to be added to all the maps. You'll notice near the top of the map I added a line that says:

Code: Select all

<Script>Data/Scripts/challengelevel.as</Script>
That is all you need to add to a map to make it work properly now. (David changed that in a196 or so.) It's what allows different maps to be versus, or gladiator mode, or just a "normal" map, etc.

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

Oh ok now i see, luckily that sounded harder than it actually is. ill be sure to add that now. also i saw the updated map in the community browser and i saw the 'No enemies version' too but this main version doesn't have any enemies anymore so the NE version can be removed unless it could be handy to keep the older version too for compatibility reasons. Thanks again Anton

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 am

Gogg.B1 wrote:Oh ok now i see, luckily that sounded harder than it actually is. ill be sure to add that now. also i saw the updated map in the community browser and i saw the 'No enemies version' too but this main version doesn't have any enemies anymore so the NE version can be removed unless it could be handy to keep the older version too for compatibility reasons. Thanks again Anton
Ok, I'll delete it.

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 am

that was a quick response, so i just tested them out through the browser and the new version crashes for me but the old No enemies version seems to load fine. not exactly sure what the problem is. i do notice that the new version is a smaller .xml file since I ended up saving that in A198 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Sorry about that i should have tested it first, its weird because the updated map works fine for me when i use a version without a set spawn point but when i use the version that i uploaded here with the set spawn point it crashes for me now. maybe its just me hopefully.

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello, I fixed this map, and I like it, is huge. So if anton want to upload it to the sum or the original author want to improve it and upload it to the workshop, they can use this one. I only fixed the paths that the recent updates has moved the files to other places.
Attachments
delos-sum.zip
(856.43 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:41 pm

turns out there is an improved version from 2014, while the sumlauncher version was older (2013) and this new version included some characters and some other little changes. So here it is again. Sorry for posting again, but I think is worth it.

Now it also depends of aaorris weapon pack
Attachments
delos-sum.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:03 pm

edoantonioco wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:41 pm
turns out there is an improved version from 2014, while the sumlauncher version was older (2013) and this new version included some characters and some other little changes. So here it is again. Sorry for posting again, but I think is worth it.

Now it also depends of aaorris weapon pack
Woooo thanks a ton man! I haven't played in a while but i want to get back into making maps! just saw the map jam, Ill be testing this out soon, Id love to finish this map and start a new one at the same time!

Thanks! also looking for suggestions

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Hello there. I had fun fixing the map and turns out it was a nice level, a very big buiding. As suggestion It would be nice than Turner were closer to the building instead of so far away.

Here is a version with all the required dependencies inside it so Im sure it will work as expected. And since its WIP then I hope to see it finished someday.
Attachments
delos-sum.rar
(6.49 MiB) Downloaded 73 times