[Weapon] BrassKnuckles

SirMrPoopington

[Weapon] BrassKnuckles

Post by SirMrPoopington » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello! I made my first mod and it's a weapon! It is a brass knuckle thing. It is a little stronger than the Dog Knife and has the same fighting stance but the punch type is the haymaker which is pretty much a hook.

Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?ogog8w7jzdig37s

Please support. THX!

Markuss

Re: [Weapon] BrassKnuckles

Post by Markuss » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

don't be discouraged by the big set i just released, your contribution is valued, we need more 3D artists modding OG.

edit: also, this would kinda be an appropiate wepon for the set i just released.

SirMrPoopington

Post by SirMrPoopington » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 am

Markuss wrote:don't be discouraged by the big set i just released, your contribution is valued, we need more 3D artists modding OG.

edit: also, this would kinda be an appropiate wepon for the set i just released.
You can use it if you want to, but give credit to me please :D

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:30 am

Nice work! It looks like it's a little off-center a bit, but I like how it uses the haymaker punch.

SirMrPoopington

Post by SirMrPoopington » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 pm

THX! But I don't know how to make the textures. LOL. All I did was I got some gold texture from google images and put it as the both color and normal textures. Can someone tell me how to?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:09 pm

First, you unwrap the object.

Then, you either use photographs to make a collage that looks good, or paint in the details by hand.

Start by learning unwrapping if you haven't done that before. It can be quite tricky.

Once you've got an unwrap, you can start from the same gold metal base, but then you add in details - the places where the metal is scratched (corners, things that stick out), the places where it's dirty (things that are deep and under the base surface level, like the V shapes in the knuckles), the places where it's shiny, covered in blood, etc. It sounds simple, but I've found it quite challenging.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

I've added these to the community content browser. It seems like the attacks may no longer be correct though. Are you still working on these at all?