Need Help With Weapon Texturing and Damage

SirMrPoopington

Need Help With Weapon Texturing and Damage

Post by SirMrPoopington » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello,

I am quite new to modeling and blender and so on, but the one thing specifically is texturing. I have searched on YouTube and Google but I can't figure out how to do it. I know that I have to un-wrap but that's the part I need help with. And when making a weapon, how do you make the weapon stronger? I have tried playing with the points but that didn't help at all. Thank you.

adwuga

Re: Need Help With Weapon Texturing and Damage

Post by adwuga » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 pm

This is a good tutorial. It should help.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 pm

SirMrPoopington wrote:And when making a weapon, how do you make the weapon stronger? I have tried playing with the points but that didn't help at all. Thank you.
What points? Points inside of Blender? Damage, force etc... are managed in the weapon's .xml file.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:13 pm

SirMrPoopington wrote:Hello,

I am quite new to modeling and blender and so on, but the one thing specifically is texturing. I have searched on YouTube and Google but I can't figure out how to do it. I know that I have to un-wrap but that's the part I need help with. And when making a weapon, how do you make the weapon stronger? I have tried playing with the points but that didn't help at all. Thank you.
the points the on your weapon in blender if those are what you r talking about do nothing to influence damage, like stated already that is in your weapons XML file. and if you would like I can make u a tut on what I know and how the XML files are used plus some modeling and texturing tricks with scultris and photoshop.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm

There's a weapon XML, that defines the model, and what lines are used for collision calculations. The collision lines are not done in a 3D software.

The weapon XML also defines which attack XMLs the weapon uses.

Attack XMLs tell which animation to use, and how much damage that attack does, and which animation should be used to block that attack, and if the attack causes bleeding, etc.

So in short, you need to copy the existing ATTACK xmls, and change the vales in there, and then make your WEAPON xml use the edited attacks.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

From dogswordoverhand.xml

Code: Select all

<damage min="0.0" max="0.1"/>
    <sharp_damage min="5.0" max="5.1"/>
If you want your weapon to be sharp, then use the <sharp_damage> underneath. If you want it to be blunt, don't put in <sharp_damage>, and instead use <damage min>.

There's also a factor whether to set if your sharp weapon is a heavy or light weapon.

Code: Select all

<cut_plane type="light" x="0.5" y="-1.0" z="0.0"/>
Heavy weapons will make blood splatter while light while make only cuts.