[Character] Original Robbert

RagdollZombie

[Character] Original Robbert

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm

I've always seen robert from the earliest Alpha videos of Overgrowth, but never got the chance to play as him, sure there is a recolor-able guard model now available in these recent alphas, but Robert was a bit more unique. Since there were older versions of Overgrowth still available to download, i decided to try and bring Robert into the newer alphas! I found his texture from the older alpha and used it with one of the Guard .xml files. I tweaked a copy of the Guard .xmls so that they won't replace any of the current guards we have now. I hope Wolfire and the community likes it! Now you can play as Robbert again!
Robert in Overgrowth 196.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppyyjduvwese8 ... Robert.zip

Note: To spawn him using the character tab in the load item menu, you need to follow the instructions I've put in the "Read this to copy spawn icon code" txt file.
You can also spawn him by going to the "load external object" button in the load item menu, then look in Data/Objects/characters then clicking on "Robert_Actor.xml"
Last edited by RagdollZombie on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

akazi

Re: [Character] Robert from the older alphas!

Post by akazi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm

You are awesome, you have no idea how long I have been waiting to play as him.

Sumguy720

Post by Sumguy720 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Dude, I want to play as classic rabbot again.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Do you know which Alpha build they changed him at? I could find the alpha build where the classic rabbot is and bring him to the newest alpha too :D not sure which alpha version to look for though

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

RagdollZombie wrote:Do you know which Alpha build they changed him at? I could find the alpha build where the classic rabbot is and bring him to the newest alpha too :D not sure which alpha version to look for though
You should make him have the push as an attack move, because that was the pnly thing Rabbot had to defend himself.

shadowb297

Post by shadowb297 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:Do you know which Alpha build they changed him at? I could find the alpha build where the classic rabbot is and bring him to the newest alpha too :D not sure which alpha version to look for though
Lol, it was before they even started making videos, I think it's around 30, but I could be wrong

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am

I don't think the original rabbot was a character model, and was created more procedurally. (I could be wrong though), but basically, when they added in Robbert for the first time, they said Rabbot couldn't be used anymore for technical reasons. That's why Aubrey made Rabbot v2.0, so you could at least be reminded of him.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sure you are right. He wasn't actually a single model, just pieces attached to the skeleton or something like that.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to model him, then.

shadowb297

Post by shadowb297 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 pm

Went back to alpha 49, couldn't find any character models, so yah, it's not a model.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:56 pm

pretty simple to model from scratch though xD

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:42 pm

I've posted this version in the community content browser. I hope you're ok with it, but I kinda released him in a slightly simpler fashion. The only thing I am replacing is the texture that colors him. Everything else is the default content. Let me know if it changes anything for you.

Also, I changed the name to "Robbert", as opposed to "Robert", which is the "official" spelling, at least per this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPUxnm5qscA

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Ah :D I knew i spelled it wrong xD