[MAP] Grassy rock beach [UPDATE]

akazi

[MAP] Grassy rock beach [UPDATE]

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Mostly an exploration map with a lot of places to platform on and a few other things. :wink:
It originally wasn't going to be this big but I thought it wouldn't be as fun to leave it where it was at so I kept working on it and was really liking what it has become, I really hope you like it. Add anything you like, enemy's and other things.I probably could have added more but, I wanted to share what I had. I kinda don't want to make a picture of the level just so it doesn't ruin the surprise :o , but I guess I will:

BEHOLD!
CROSS-EYED TURNER!
Also.. Calulate shadows and AO for better visuals! Everyone loves eye-candy! :shock:

New update! with real pics this time.
Okay so I'm finally done with the updating of the level, caused me lots of pain and raging but I did it. Really, it was problems with saving and run-time errors that got me. I added a no grass version for people that have problems with that, But I have to warn you; it can get quit laggy in the main cave. I also added a bit to the outside a bit, changed the starting point of the character and such. also wanted to make the other caves a bit bigger but I was having saving problems like I said so I was only able to update the underground one and still keep my sanity. ENJOY!
LOL I keep forgetting to remove the FPS marks. :roll:
Attachments
Grassy_rock_beach.zip
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by akazi on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [MAP] Grassy rock beach

Post by Constance » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 pm

It says that the model for holy_grassy_beach.obj from your custom folder is not found, so it loads fail whale instead. When I load up the map there is no ground.

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Sorry, I made a typo in akazi/open tarrain. Instead of terrain. Tell me if it fixed it. Okay should be updated.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 pm

akazi wrote:Sorry, I made a typo in akazi/open tarrain. Instead of terrain. Tell me if it fixed it. Okay should be updated.
Right when I find out what was breaking it, you update it. Damn you ninjas!

EDIT: I have to say that I really love this map. It's the most open world map I've ever played in a mostly linear game; this is definitely one of my favorites.

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Timbles wrote:
akazi wrote:Sorry, I made a typo in akazi/open tarrain. Instead of terrain. Tell me if it fixed it. Okay should be updated.

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Timbles wrote:

EDIT: I have to say that I really love this map. It's the most open world map I've ever played in a mostly linear game; this is definitely one of my favorites.
thanks, glad you like it. Means a lot!

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 pm

This map is so cool! :D you can explore anywhere you want X3 The grass is the only problem for me as it drops my FPS really bad... but I really love the way you made this map! :3

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:03 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:This map is so cool! :D you can explore anywhere you want X3 The grass is the only problem for me as it drops my FPS really bad... but I really love the way you made this map! :3
Thanks! I am still adding things in the map like more caves and places to platform. Any ideas of what it could have?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm

A cave within a cave within a cave within a cave and you get lost.
All caves are really big.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Timbles wrote:A cave within a cave within a cave within a cave and you get lost.
All caves are really big.
Yeah I was thinking I could expand the underground cave to be like a maze a bit.
[EDIT] my work so far on the cave:Image Looks way better form the inside. ;)

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Updated! See first post. ^

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [MAP] Grassy rock beach [UPDATE]

Post by Constance » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:33 pm

It would be awesome if you added some temples or something to find in the grass, other then the clearing in the mountains (i think they're big enough to be called mountains). But I don't really want to explore the caves because it's really not much to explore; though it'd be awesome if you spawned in a cave and you could choose whether to explore the caves or to explore the mountains.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Timbles wrote:It would be awesome if you added some temples or something to find in the grass, other then the clearing in the mountains (i think they're big enough to be called mountains). But I don't really want to explore the caves because it's really not much to explore; though it'd be awesome if you spawned in a cave and you could choose whether to explore the caves or to explore the mountains.
Yeah, it take a while just to make a little room for a cave look cool and so it's hard to make it big enough to make it "fun" to explore. I agree about the temples, i didn't really work on that much at all when I should have thought of something more to do with them, but whatever i guess.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Added to the Community Content Browser! Love the caves!

TheProGamingUK

Post by TheProGamingUK » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

I think it would be cool if there was like a huge ravine and you have to parkour through it and not fall down. I really liked the map by the way. The only problem is the grass because it drops frame rate quite a bit but it was so fun just to jump on the rocks and explore. :D