[Map] Therium v1.2

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

[Map] Therium v1.2

Post by Constance » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

A stealth map with varying difficulties and gameplay styles.
[This requires Sky Temple and Steelraven7's hotspots to work!]

Normal Difficulty

Sneak or face a blade at your throat.
Character starts out with normal parameters. Most enemies are armed with one-hit wonderful weapons.
Blue sky and green grass.

Hard Difficulty

Blades, blades everywhere.
Character starts out with normal parameters. All enemies are armed with one-hit blades and have the aggression parameter set to the max, making them suddenly have a personal grudge to kill you when they first set eyes on you, vowing to stab you until you bleed to death. You'll still be able to take their weapons, though you won't be able to use them for long.
Purple sky and green grass.

Very Hard Difficulty

It isn't even remotely fair.
Character starts out with weakened parameters, making combat complete and utterly pointless. All enemies are armed with one-hit blades that slice faster then the speed of sound, pitting them against you in an environment that's much harder to get around. You can still choke the enemies and take their blades, though you won't be able to use them for long. Flipping too close to the ground will litterly kill you.
Orange sky and barren rock.

Brutal Difficulty

You think very hard mode was hard?
Character starts out with weakend parameters like in very hard, all enemies are armed with one-hit blades that slice faster then the speed of sound, not even including the fact that they instantly go into combat mode the instant they see you.
Orange sky and orange sand.

Very Easy Difficulty

You might as well be playing a kid's game.
Character starts out with buffed parameters, which makes it only possible to die if you don't even touch the controls. You start out with a knife and no enemies have any weapons.
Grey sky and green grass.

Parkour Mode

The only threat is the grass.
Character starts out with normal parameters, which doesn't make a difference, as there are absolutely no enemies in the map.The only objective is to climb the tower, not too far away from you.
Green sky and green grass.

Download Here!

Post any errors, comments or questions you may have on the map.

Extra: Try and do the whole thing without getting heard/seen. Not even to the point where the enemies go "Huh, what was that?" and start to investigate. It's possible, but damn it is hard.
Last edited by Constance on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 am, edited 7 times in total.

RagdollZombie

Re: [Map] Therium

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:12 am

I keep getting this:
missing hotspot.png

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 am

Same error for me as well.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 am

If you're getting that error, you should install the "Sky Temple" map from SUMLauncher, and then you shouldn't have the error anymore. That particular hotspot may be the same as the one from Steelraven7's hotspot pack, but you would need to change it in the .xml file(s).

Ecomp

Post by Ecomp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Played it last night, very fun! I managed to sneak by everybody on Very Hard after quite a few tries. Just a note, on the parkour level, there are still enemies on it, just in case you might want to remove them.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Ecomp wrote:Just a note, on the parkour level, there are still enemies on it, just in case you might want to remove them.
Oops, I might've forgotten to save the level correctly.

I love to drop-kick the enemy with the glaive off of his platform. It's so damned fun.

EDIT: I've updated the download to make the parkour mode have no enemies.

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Sweet. Great idea, Timbles.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Fixed all the errors, this map is fun! I've been able to beat the hard one :D Still need to beat it without being seen though... xD an enemy always sees me for a split second hehe

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm going to update the 'brutal' difficulty to be harder, to the point where it is as it says to be: Not even remotely fair.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 pm

the "very hard" difficulty is pretty difficult... >.> i wonder how brutal will be...

Cammeh

Post by Cammeh » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:23 pm

This map was very fun to play great job Timbles.
It has a lot of replay possibilities, making it a map that you can come back and play again and again.
Good luck on making more maps like this one.
P.S. I beat all the levels.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [Map] Therium v1.2

Post by Constance » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Update released: v1.2
- Added Brutal Difficulty
- Changed Ambient sounds for Hard mode and Brutal mode

Anton, on the file download, there's two folders outside of Custom; don't move these into Custom for SUMLauncher, or the map won't work.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Timbles wrote:Update released: v1.2

Anton, on the file download, there's two folders outside of Custom; don't move these into Custom for SUMLauncher, or the map won't work.
Don't worry, I always make sure files work to the best of my ability before adding them to SUM ;) - Usually, the only things that would need to be outside of the custom folder would be shaders and hotspots with scripts. I have a way to deal with both options (although, self contained in the custom folder is always preferable).

EDIT: at a quick glance, I agree the script needs to be where you put it, but I think the character file could be in the custom folder (just to keep things "clean").

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Anton wrote:

Don't worry, I always make sure files work to the best of my ability before adding them to SUM ;) - Usually, the only things that would need to be outside of the custom folder would be shaders and hotspots with scripts. I have a way to deal with both options (although, self contained in the custom folder is always preferable).

EDIT: at a quick glance, I agree the script needs to be where you put it, but I think the character file could be in the custom folder (just to keep things "clean").
If the character should go in the custom folder, then I'll have to update the map real quick.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Timbles wrote:
Anton wrote:

If the character should go in the custom folder, then I'll have to update the map real quick.
No worries, I just use a mass find all and replace to do it. It's really not a big deal, especially when I know what to do... In the end, I'm pretty used to modifying these files for people now... hehe