[Map] Hulk Comes To Overgrowth

K1ll3rmouse

[Map] Hulk Comes To Overgrowth

Post by K1ll3rmouse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:45 am

HELLO! Everyone
So i had a crazy idea when alpha 203 was released that i would make a level that had scaled characters, so i made this level.
Sorry i have no good pictures for the map :(

Hope you enjoy my first level! :D
Attachments
HulkComesToOvergrowth.zip
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Thomason1005

Re: [Map] Hulk Comes To Overgrowth

Post by Thomason1005 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm

not bad for a beginning, but i lost track of where to go after the 2 dogs, there are no signs... put some marks on the path you want the player to take.

there are many more things you can do with the editor, p.e. changing the colors of objects & characters with ctrl-p... the hulk should be green imo

to be honest, this is what i expected:
OvergrowthScreenshot00137.jpg
you can overscale characters by editing the xml file (5x in the pic), but it destroys the character shadow, ledge grapping and pretty much the combat system, its not as much fun as it looks

K1ll3rmouse

Post by K1ll3rmouse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you for the tip :D

RACERBOY2

Post by RACERBOY2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:not bad for a beginning, but i lost track of where to go after the 2 dogs, there are no signs... put some marks on the path you want the player to take.

there are many more things you can do with the editor, p.e. changing the colors of objects & characters with ctrl-p... the hulk should be green imo

to be honest, this is what i expected:
OvergrowthScreenshot00137.jpg
you can overscale characters by editing the xml file (5x in the pic), but it destroys the character shadow, ledge grapping and pretty much the combat system, its not as much fun as it looks
Where can I find this xml file you speak of?

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:03 am

It's still pretty fun fighting giant characters. if you use the slider glitch you can make the character very big without needing to edit the xml, then you can do the same for movement speed. It seems like the scaling also effects their attack range (which is awesome).

RACERBOY2

Post by RACERBOY2 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:12 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:It's still pretty fun fighting giant characters. if you use the slider glitch you can make the character very big without needing to edit the xml, then you can do the same for movement speed. It seems like the scaling also effects their attack range (which is awesome).
Is there a forum post that I can see to show me how to do this slider glitch?

JimMcFry

Post by JimMcFry » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Ok so ive tried to take control of a custom character but when i press control p it brings up a color customizer and i cant take control please help

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:57 pm

JimMcFry wrote:Ok so ive tried to take control of a custom character but when i press control p it brings up a color customizer and i cant take control please help
Open the parameters of teh character you want to alter, delete the scale slider, create a new slider, name it exactly the same as the scale slider (case sensitive) and hit OK.
Alternatively you could edit the aschar.as script. At the end of it all the slider values are defined. You could just edit the upper limit of the one for character scale to be much higher.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm

RACERBOY2 wrote:
RagdollZombie wrote:It's still pretty fun fighting giant characters. if you use the slider glitch you can make the character very big without needing to edit the xml, then you can do the same for movement speed. It seems like the scaling also effects their attack range (which is awesome).
Is there a forum post that I can see to show me how to do this slider glitch?
RagdollZombie wrote:delete the character scale slider, go down and click slider, enter in "Character Scale" (CASE SENSITIVE). Character will become HUGE. Play as dat character. Jump in the air, and RAGDOLL. Interesting Results... you turn to mush
You have to press U when selecting a character first, to get to the character parameters. :D You can do the same thing for Movement Speed but put it lower than half, because it is multiplying the speed somehow... and running too fast off the map could crash the game XD

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Added this map to SUMLauncher!!