[MAP] Fall of Rabbittown V 2.0

SirFuzzy
Location: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701 (space... the final frontier)

[MAP] Fall of Rabbittown V 2.0

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:29 am

Fall of Rabbittown: The Lone Wanderer
**No longer impossible without jump control mod, sorry everyone**

My first of many Overgrowth maps, it's pretty difficult I'm not going to lie :P

This download includes 2 versions of the map, the map with story elements and the map just for parkour. The map is a little bare on the inside of the town (had to work around fps issues), although none of the essential content was taken out (just furnishing really).

Dependencies (subject to change as I figure out the third version again)
All available on the SUMlauncher

Tengu 3.02 (Thank you to Le Petit Docteur for his permission to use Tengu, I had no hand in creating this character)

SteelRaven Hotspot Pack 1.0.2 <--- not all hotspots included at the bottom, see further on for install directions

I'm assuming these ones, I have no idea how to check if these are for sure since I didn't load the game for the first time before I had all of Anton's fixes/expansions from the SUMlauncher

Skyboxes 1.0.0
Painted Skyboxes 1.0.0
Fixes 1.0.0
Unlocked Default Levels 1.0.1
Verticle Jump Hotspot from SkyTemple

STORY:
This is a story about a lone Wanderer heading back to his home village after years of being absent. Upon arriving, he learns several disturbing things about what's happened to his home village of Rabbittown.

The story will unfold completely if I do the next three parts.
UPDATE: Part 2 is now up and good to go! Find it here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25612

MAP:
There is a mix of parkour and fighting (7 enemies) and there are many easter eggs hidden throughout the map. I send a challenge to all of you to do this map in one life!

This is going to end up a four part story.

EDIT: Thank you to Gogg.B1 for pointing out that you will need to install the Vertical jump hotspot from Haphazzards map Sky Temple, it has to be in the \Overgrowth\Data\Custom\HapHazzard\Sky_Temple\Objects\Hotspots rather than just Objects\hotspots for this map to run.

EDIT: Thank you to iDubbbz for pointing out that you needed the jump control mod for this map originally, but it has now been edited so that you can fly through the air with the greatest of ease (no more jump control mod).
Attachments
wanderer_Lones.xml
Story Version
(442.02 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
wanderer_Lonep.xml
Parkour Version
(394.31 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Hotspots.rar
Hotspots from HapHazzard's Sky Temple map (one of my personal favourite maps, get it if you haven't!)
(503 Bytes) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by SirFuzzy on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

SirFuzzy

Screenshots

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:35 am

Here are a couple screen caps of the map, enjoy!

For a walkthrough of the PATH, not the map, go to http://youtu.be/51eJYfdN5eQ

*EDIT* Since I've removed the jump control mod the layout is the same, but there are one or two differences now. This walkthrough will still work

There is background music on the video, not because I don't enjoy OG's music, but because I was taking these screens at the same time so the music was choppy. Before you look at the video, just follow the path of flags and text hotspots. It's a linear map in story form.
Attachments
OvergrowthScreenshot00020.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00017.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00014.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00011.jpg
Last edited by SirFuzzy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iDubbbz

Re: [MAP] Fall of Rabbittown

Post by iDubbbz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 am

To be clear: You need the jump control mod for several of the parkour maneuvers?

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:22 pm

iDubbbz wrote:To be clear: You need the jump control mod for several of the parkour maneuvers?
You do NOT need the jump control mod for anything on this map. There is one section that people have been finding difficult near the beginning:

you wallrun up a pillar after running along the wooden ledge. This seems impossible to reach the top, but if you jump at the peak of your wallrun you will be able to grab the ledge.

I know this is unorthodox, but I was looking for ways to make the map unique. If you play the story version of the map it explains this in the map.

There is also a part of the map after the dam where you need to ROLL at the right time to make it into the gap. There is a trigger that will stand you back up if it isn't perfect, but you need to roll into the hole. This is all in the youtube video that I posted, but the text prompts are only in the story version of the game.

Sorry for any confusion

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Good job on working on this map! For a first map, it ain't bad, and the forum post was damn well written.

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Timbles wrote:Good job on working on this map! For a first map, it ain't bad, and the forum post was damn well written.
Thanks a lot! Means a lot to know people are enjoying the map, had a rough start with this community lol

SirFuzzy

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am

SirFuzzy wrote:
iDubbbz wrote:To be clear: You need the jump control mod for several of the parkour maneuvers?
You do NOT need the jump control mod for anything on this map. There is one section that people have been finding difficult near the beginning:

you wallrun up a pillar after running along the wooden ledge. This seems impossible to reach the top, but if you jump at the peak of your wallrun you will be able to grab the ledge.

I know this is unorthodox, but I was looking for ways to make the map unique. If you play the story version of the map it explains this in the map.

There is also a part of the map after the dam where you need to ROLL at the right time to make it into the gap. There is a trigger that will stand you back up if it isn't perfect, but you need to roll into the hole. This is all in the youtube video that I posted, but the text prompts are only in the story version of the game.

Sorry for any confusion
Yea. You used the jump control mod. I don't blame you for not knowing. It comes default with the blood mod/mod mod. Can't complete the map without it.
I just tested it.

pumpernickel

Re: [MAP] Fall of Rabbittown V 2.0

Post by pumpernickel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:30 am

Yup it's playable without the jump control mod now.
Only one little thing: the default spawn point is some 500m in mid air over the water basin, so if not moved to the start area the player falls to a crunchy death.

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm

pumpernickel wrote:Yup it's playable without the jump control mod now.
Only one little thing: the default spawn point is some 500m in mid air over the water basin, so if not moved to the start area the player falls to a crunchy death.
Was this the parkour version of the map or the story version? Either way the spawn point shouldn't be in the middle of nowhere, I don't see how it could be up there lol

*EDIT - Just downloaded and ran both maps, it's the story version that had this issue. The original spawn point is where it should be, just delete the sky one, select the original (at the beginning of the parkour bridge) and hit ctrl shift p, which turns it green. Good to go from there.

As for anyone else who downloads the map, I re-uploaded with this already done. I was kind of drunk when I fixed the jump control mod part, so I forgot to move the spawn point back (why it was so high in the air in the middle of nowhere, I have no idea)

SirFuzzy

pumpernickel

Post by pumpernickel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanx for fixing it that quickly!
Makes playing the map a lot easier not having to fix that spawn every time.
select the original (at the beginning of the parkour bridge) and hit ctrl shift p
Nice, didn't know that one yet, I was pushing around that spawn box manually -.-

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 am

pumpernickel wrote:Thanx for fixing it that quickly!
Makes playing the map a lot easier not having to fix that spawn every time.
select the original (at the beginning of the parkour bridge) and hit ctrl shift p
Nice, didn't know that one yet, I was pushing around that spawn box manually -.-
No problem! I'm sorry that it happened.

And there is a good tutorial by iDubbbz about how the map mechanics work, I'll edit with a link next time I'm on youtube.

Good to hear someone is enjoying the map!

SirFuzzy

Apropos of nothing

Post by Apropos of nothing » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Aha! Wasn't just me then, thanks for fixing i'll give it another go later.

jackster_227

Post by jackster_227 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:20 am

Hey dude. Soooo I downloaded everything put it all in and when I try to run either one of the versions its says something about not having Data/Custom/steelraven7/steelraven_hotspot_pack/Objects/Hoyspots/wipeoutTrigger.xml

Any help would be great. Thanks! :D

last

Post by last » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Did you also downloaded Steelraven7 hotspot pack? When you didn't then you also need it.

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 pm

jackster_227 wrote:Hey dude. Soooo I downloaded everything put it all in and when I try to run either one of the versions its says something about not having Data/Custom/steelraven7/steelraven_hotspot_pack/Objects/Hoyspots/wipeoutTrigger.xml

Any help would be great. Thanks! :D
You can grab SteelRaven's Hotspot pack from the SUMlauncher and you will be good to go!

SirFuzzy