[MAP] SirFuzzy's Training Course

SirFuzzy
Location: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701 (space... the final frontier)

[MAP] SirFuzzy's Training Course

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 am

SirFuzzy's Training Course

This is a map I made to test my skills with the parkour. I tried to think outside of the box for the map, and I think it came out nicely. Not as difficult as I would have liked in the end unfortunately.

I wanted to avoid having just suspended walljumps, as there are really good maps out there already that focus on that aspect (SUMlauncher has really good ones, including Suspension by Jacktheawesome)

I designed the layout of the level but not the terrain itself. The level was originally Red Desert.

Dependencies
I'm assuming these ones, I have no idea how to check if these are for sure since I didn't load the game for the first time before I had all of Anton's fixes/expansions from the SUMlauncher.

Skyboxes 1.0.0
Painted Skyboxes 1.0.0
Fixes 1.0.0
Unlocked Default Levels 1.0.1

MAP:
There are two routes within the level: Red and Green. Green is easier, and leads back to the beginning of the level. It's meant more as a warm up for the Red route, which is more difficult. The goal of both is to end up on the platform of the colour you chose.
Attachments
sirFuzzyCourse.xml
data/levels as per tradition
(55.67 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

SirFuzzy

Screenshots:

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:29 am

Parkour walkthrough: http://youtu.be/2c67K9yRxYU

Or you can check out iDubbbz video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxJt1-GJvlo
Best quotes: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" and of course "THIS IS NOTHING BUT BULLS&!7!"

Give the map a try without the walkthrough first. If you can do the Red route in one go, paste a link! It's not crazy difficult, but that would be some awesome timing.

There is background music on the video, not because I don't enjoy OG's music, but because I was taking these screens at the same time so the music was choppy.

Screens:
Attachments
OvergrowthScreenshot00021 (2).jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00020 (2).jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00019 (2).jpg
Last edited by SirFuzzy on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apropos of nothing

Re: [MAP] SirFuzzy's Training Course

Post by Apropos of nothing » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 am

I'm a bit mind boggled as to why you have no replies to this thread!

This looks fantastic, after checking out the youtube video of it being done it is exactly what I was looking for. I will give it a go tonight and give you some feedback as I said in the other thread.

Thanks for making this, it looks wonderful. 8)

SkyeWulf

Post by SkyeWulf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 am

I'm very new to over growth and i downloaded this mad. It is very had for me but i was wondering about how to get the textures to work and also how to move my spawn point.

SkyeWulf

Post by SkyeWulf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 am

Map, not mad

SkyeWulf

Post by SkyeWulf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:59 am

Great map. It was challenging but really fun. :)

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm

SkyeWulf wrote:I'm very new to over growth and i downloaded this mad. It is very had for me but i was wondering about how to get the textures to work and also how to move my spawn point.
Did you get it up and working? What did you mean by getting the textures to work, that sounds more like an issue with the game running on your pc than just the map as there are no exterior textures in this map at all.

Any issues feel free to pm me or post them here, I check in every other day or so.

Glad to hear that people are enjoying the map!

SirFuzzy

megrimlock123

Post by megrimlock123 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 pm

I got Overgrowth yesterday, and saw iDubbbzTV play this map, so I downloaded it. But it says that there is bad data in the xml file. Can you help?

SirFuzzy

Post by SirFuzzy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm

megrimlock123 wrote:I got Overgrowth yesterday, and saw iDubbbzTV play this map, so I downloaded it. But it says that there is bad data in the xml file. Can you help?
Have you downloaded the SUMlauncher and installed all of Anton's fixes? They will be under Expansions and Fixes category. Also make sure that the game itself is installed properly.

Also try redownloading the xml file and copy it into your data/levels folder. When loading the level type in the name of the file exactly as it appears in the download, and don't forget to put the file extension on the end (.xml)

If the issue persists let me know, I'll do my best to make sure you are up and running!

SirFuzzy

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 am

This map is now in SUMLauncher. Hope that helps with any installation issues. :)

Petrvysh

Post by Petrvysh » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:30 am

SirFuzzy wrote:SirFuzzy's Training Course

This is a map I made to test my skills with the parkour. I tried to think outside of the box for the map, and I think it came out nicely. Not as difficult as I would have liked in the end unfortunately.

I wanted to avoid having just suspended walljumps, as there are really good maps out there already that focus on that aspect (SUMlauncher has really good ones, including Suspension by Jacktheawesome)

I designed the layout of the level but not the terrain itself. The level was originally Red Desert.

Dependencies
I'm assuming these ones, I have no idea how to check if these are for sure since I didn't load the game for the first time before I had all of Anton's fixes/expansions from the SUMlauncher.

Skyboxes 1.0.0
Painted Skyboxes 1.0.0
Fixes 1.0.0
Unlocked Default Levels 1.0.1

MAP:
There are two routes within the level: Red and Green. Green is easier, and leads back to the beginning of the level. It's meant more as a warm up for the Red route, which is more difficult. The goal of both is to end up on the platform of the colour you chose.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:48 am

That has to be the worst shitpost I've seen on these forums, and that's even counting spam.