[MAP] Valley Town

HamsterJuice

[MAP] Valley Town

Post by HamsterJuice » Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Valley Town is my first map in OG. It's the product of me fooling around with the level editor for a couple days. I made some pretty looking buildings and thought they would look nice all together in a cute little town. I arranged them all in Shielded Stands - Early Summer, made some adjustments, and changed the skybox, and thus, Valley Town was born. There's no real gameplay, just a cozy little town to explore. Feel free to add enemies or populate the town as you wish.

This map contains assets from River Fight by Markuss and you may also need Skyboxes by Anton. Please let me know if there are any other dependencies that I may have neglected to mention.

Now have some screenshots:

Attachments
valley_town.xml
Go nuts.
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Last edited by HamsterJuice on Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [MAP] Valley Town

Post by Constance » Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Looks pretty nice. I just wish that there was a way to add dirt roads in-game via level editor.

HamsterJuice

Post by HamsterJuice » Wed May 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Timbles wrote:Looks pretty nice. I just wish that there was a way to add dirt roads in-game via level editor.
I thought the same thing while making this. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu May 15, 2014 9:36 am

Looks very good. Anton has to add it to the main menu (mod), you can't do that yourself at the moment. Just post your stuff here (like you did) and it gets added after a short period of time :) Well, you can add it manually to the main menu of course by editing the menu.html, but I don't think anyone will do that ;)

About the dirt roads: Shouldn't it be possible to get good results with an own color map? I would think that doing a dirt road isn't the hardest thing in OG, haven't tried it though.

HamsterJuice

Post by HamsterJuice » Thu May 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Surak wrote:Looks very good. Anton has to add it to the main menu (mod), you can't do that yourself at the moment. Just post your stuff here (like you did) and it gets added after a short period of time :) Well, you can add it manually to the main menu of course by editing the menu.html, but I don't think anyone will do that ;)

About the dirt roads: Shouldn't it be possible to get good results with an own color map? I would think that doing a dirt road isn't the hardest thing in OG, haven't tried it though.
Ah, I didn't know that about the menu, thank you for telling me. I'll take that out of the desc then.

And that's a good point, I forgot about color maps. I'll have to try that and see how it looks.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:38 pm

HamsterJuice wrote:
Surak wrote:Looks very good. Anton has to add it to the main menu (mod), you can't do that yourself at the moment. Just post your stuff here (like you did) and it gets added after a short period of time :) Well, you can add it manually to the main menu of course by editing the menu.html, but I don't think anyone will do that ;)

Ah, I didn't know that about the menu, thank you for telling me. I'll take that out of the desc then.

And that's a good point, I forgot about color maps. I'll have to try that and see how it looks.
I've added this map to SUMlauncher, so you should see it in the main menu now if you load it that way.