[MAP] Eroded Plateau Extended / ratcity FINAL

sTownR

[MAP] Eroded Plateau Extended / ratcity FINAL

Post by sTownR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I was playing overgrowth with some friends in splitscreen lately (2-4 players) and we found ourselves missing more maps to play on so I started extending the map "eroded plateau".

My goal was to create a big city map with lots of different paths which can be played coop. It is actually my first map for a 3D game ever and I am not satisfied with it yet.

I want to add a small story which is why I started experimenting with the dialogue editor today. So far I've spent about 20 hours creating the map; there are multiple ways into the city (2 Gates and 4 easy ways over the walls) and some of the big towers can be climbed.

Right now I can run it with only ~15 FPS, which is kind of a problem. I will release a test version of the map soon, to see whether you guys are having low FPS, too. I may have to make it a bit smaller..

Here are some screenshots of an older version:

I will keep you guys posted
Last edited by sTownR on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

akazi

Re: [MAP] Eroded Plateau Extended WIP

Post by akazi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 pm

YAY!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Oh daeyum.
Not a bad idea.

JLipinski

Post by JLipinski » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm

This looks really nice. If you find out how to get the FPS back up, make sure to let us know how you did it. I have problems with that myself.

Theguywhogamesalot

Post by Theguywhogamesalot » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Looks cool, keep me posted! As for the FPS problem, that is due to optomazation. Especially due to AI characters. So your GPU and CPU will also affect it.

Lewdnasty

Post by Lewdnasty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Looks dense, I really like it. I'll be keeping an eye on the this map, good luck!

sTownR

Post by sTownR » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:57 pm

I'd like to share some progress.. It's still not finished but I think I'll upload it soon just to see how well it's playable for others. There are 16 enemies and 9 weapons so it might have low fps on some pcs.

sTownR

Re: [MAP] Eroded Plateau Extended / ratcity FINAL

Post by sTownR » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:25 am

I have added a small storyline (just some text hotspots to reward exploration), polished the map and added some detail; I think it's finished now. There are 20 enemies and 18 weapons. I hope it's not too much stuff and that you guys can play it smoothly. If not I may do a smaller version of the map or split it in 2 parts somehow we'll see, took me long enough to get this far...

Here are 2 screenshots of the final version and of course the download link down below.

to load the map copy it in the "level" folder in overgrowth and and start it via manual loading (mapname: "cptm_ratcity_final.xml").

here are the requirements to play:
- Jims weapon pack (twowolves)
- codex runes (Anton)
- steelraven Weapon pack (SteelRaven7)
- SquarPillow.xml (not sure who made those)

[If some files are missing and the map cannot be loaded, try copying these files into your "/Overgrowth/Data/Objects" folder & replace]

feedback is always welcome!
have fun
Attachments
cptm_ratcity_final.xml
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Last edited by sTownR on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:00 pm

That looks really good. Almost like it'd fit in with the final campaign of Overgrowth.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 am

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This looks awesome, im going to play the f*** out of it when i fix my OG! Its a lot more acessable than most city/town maps too.

Woop!

[Edit]
Just realised how cool this could be for an OGMP meetup too! It seems like theres enough places for it to not ever get boring when even just exploring!

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 am

Ooooh yeah baby.

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Can somebody assist me in finding all of the required mods for this map? I did manage to find Jims weapon pack, but the rest are evading me.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 pm

SirWoo wrote:Can somebody assist me in finding all of the required mods for this map? I did manage to find Jims weapon pack, but the rest are evading me.

If you install the map using SUMLauncher, it should automatically install all the required mods to make is work.

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Anton wrote:
SirWoo wrote:Can somebody assist me in finding all of the required mods for this map? I did manage to find Jims weapon pack, but the rest are evading me.

If you install the map using SUMLauncher, it should automatically install all the required mods to make is work.
Ahh, i was unaware of its availability there. Thank you!
Last edited by SirWoo on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

SirWoo wrote:
Anton wrote:

Ahh, i was unaware of its availability there. Thank you!

Sure thing. I hope that helps. It has almost all of the released maps/mods so far. I need to catch up with the most recent ones this year, but I think if I have a good free weekend, I should be able to input this missing ones.