{MAP} Boss Battle

hunting dog

{MAP} Boss Battle

Post by hunting dog » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 pm

This is red desert but with some obvious changes. Your goal is to defeat the minions of a zombie boss. One warning for the wise is that the level crashed if baked shadows are made but does work with live shadows for some odd reason (possibly due to objects being huge or object being way out of map bounds).
map download
https://www.mediafire.com/?2f019qu1m79c8ec

*This is now usable since I remembered to include the terrain file.
Last edited by hunting dog on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomason1005

Re: {MAP} Boss Battle

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:59 pm

looks nice mate

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I tried playing this level but it seems like you are referring to things that don't exist in your level xml file, so the level does not load:
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/red_hills_hm.png
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/red_hills_c.tga
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/boss_battle_grass.tga

Could be more than this, but didn't know what to replace the last file with, so I gave up.

hunting dog

Post by hunting dog » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:04 am

Silverfish wrote:I tried playing this level but it seems like you are referring to things that don't exist in your level xml file, so the level does not load:
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/red_hills_hm.png
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/red_hills_c.tga
Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/boss_battle_grass.tga

Could be more than this, but didn't know what to replace the last file with, so I gave up.
Sorry, I was just forgetful, this is my first map that I've actually put some thought into so I was so excited to put it out that I lost track of the file were all that stuffs at but I've found it and the map works now with all the requirements of course.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:38 am

Hey,

So, I'm responding to your submission for SUMLauncher, and there are a few things that aren't quite working in the file right now.

First of all, if you have not modified the terrain files, you do not need to provide them, as they already exist in the game.

The reason they didn't show up when Silverfish asked about it is because they are labeled in your levels xml file as being located at: Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/*

If you do want to include custom terrain files, and supply them in SUMLauncher, you will need to change the code in the xml file to match the new location. If you want to use the terrain files you provided, the location in the xml file should look like: Data/Custom/hunting_dog/boss_battle/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/*

Also, for your user folder, you should use hunting_dog to match your forum name (instead of huntingdog).

Let me know if all that makes sense, and let me know when you update it, and I'll double check it again. :)

hunting dog

Post by hunting dog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Anton wrote:Hey,

So, I'm responding to your submission for SUMLauncher, and there are a few things that aren't quite working in the file right now.

First of all, if you have not modified the terrain files, you do not need to provide them, as they already exist in the game.

The reason they didn't show up when Silverfish asked about it is because they are labeled in your levels xml file as being located at: Data/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/*

If you do want to include custom terrain files, and supply them in SUMLauncher, you will need to change the code in the xml file to match the new location. If you want to use the terrain files you provided, the location in the xml file should look like: Data/Custom/hunting_dog/boss_battle/Textures/Terrain/boss_battle/*

Also, for your user folder, you should use hunting_dog to match your forum name (instead of huntingdog).

Let me know if all that makes sense, and let me know when you update it, and I'll double check it again. :)
Yeah, I got the situation. I changed it per your request. Forgot that the file would be in custom instead of being forced into all the folders that are already made since I'm used to putting stuff in the hard way while I'm editing it. Its hard to use custom when loading a map because it goes strait to the levels folder to work, sorry.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:41 pm

So, I've included this map in SUMLauncher now, but there was one more error I had to fix. In your map's xml files I had to change all occurrences of:

Data/Custom/hunting_dog/Textures/
with
Data/Custom/hunting_dog/boss_battle/Textures/

But, happy to start using the new submission system. :)

I_AM_THE_G0AT

Post by I_AM_THE_G0AT » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Its still not working for me