*CLOSED* Admin Please Delete.

Surak

Re: [Community][WIP] Overgrowth: Online Multiplayer Project

Post by Surak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:37 am

Another test, this time with more people. I think you can see here Anton, Akazi, Sed, Gyrth and me.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 am

Wow.

Congrats, everyone who worked this. I honestly didn't believe this could be done.

Racing seems like the most easily doable thing. Parkour was never my thing in OG so I don't think I could make a multiplayer parkour racing map, but I could do some assets for a race track. Or just a gigantic golden trophy honoring the multiplayer mod project, or whatever you guys want. I can't help on the programming side, but the least I can do is give you some assets to commemorate your achievement.

This is seriously cool work!

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:22 am

Hey, a few quick questions, how do the Ai work during the online, will they crash the game, act differently on different screens, or are they all moving the same on everybody's screens?

secondly, how does slow-motion work, will it slow everyones game, or just the person pressing it and will it also only be availiable to the host of the server?

and thirdly, when will this be released to the public, so far this seems to be closed beta only?

Surak

Post by Surak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:07 pm

halzoid wrote:Hey, a few quick questions, how do the Ai work during the online, will they crash the game, act differently on different screens, or are they all moving the same on everybody's screens?
At the moment ai in ogmp does not work. For now we are trying to just remove all npcs when you connect to a server. Would be sweet do have ai in multiplayer at some point though.
halzoid wrote:secondly, how does slow-motion work, will it slow everyones game, or just the person pressing it and will it also only be availiable to the host of the server?
It's pretty funny. It works, but only for the person pressing it. The person pressing it sees stuff in slow motion and other people see the movements of this person in slow motion. Looks very buggy though.

Edit: Here's a video.

halzoid wrote:and thirdly, when will this be released to the public, so far this seems to be closed beta only?
No idea, hopefully not too long. If you want to join the test just come to the IRC channel, Gyrth and I are playing from time to time to test new stuff we are adding.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:42 pm

four more really quick questions sorry!

first, how do the players connect to the servers, is it anything like the new "tamriel online mod" skyrim, in which one player (the host) starts a server by pressing a button, and the rest of the players connect to their IP/Hostname?

Second, so far we have only seen many, MANY, turners in a server, does it show other character skins, such as cats and raider rabbits, or only turner? and what about colour/color palates?

Third, what will happen if people are using custom animations, will it show them as the original animations on your screen?

And lastly, umm, maybe im being stupid, but what is the IRC channel and how do I get to it?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 am

halzoid wrote:And lastly, umm, maybe im being stupid, but what is the IRC channel and how do I get to it?
There's a link at the very top right corner of this page.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:13 am

Wow. Just WOW. Amazing work!! I honestly never thought this would be possible to do! It looks sweeeeeet :)

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:18 am

halzoid wrote:first, how do the players connect to the servers, is it anything like the new "tamriel online mod" skyrim, in which one player (the host) starts a server by pressing a button, and the rest of the players connect to their IP/Hostname?
There is a dedicated server that you have to run. The clients just open their Overgrowth and connect with hostname and port, yes.

It is also possible to use a public server like http://ogmp.net.
halzoid wrote:Second, so far we have only seen many, MANY, turners in a server, does it show other character skins, such as cats and raider rabbits, or only turner? and what about colour/color palates?
We are working on that. In the last video with the slowmo you can already see it, but it is not completely working yet.
halzoid wrote:Third, what will happen if people are using custom animations, will it show them as the original animations on your screen?
It will show them as the original animations, yes.

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:11 am

This is incredible. I can't wait to see this grow into something mind blowingly awesome. :D

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 pm

So i said GET ON WITH IT to gyrth and now we actually have a pretty decent multiplayer mod in the works.... AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw i'm gonna be on the irc a lot more now :)

Surak

Post by Surak » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Combat! :lol:

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm

dammit i've been to busy with warthunder!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Man, I'm gonna start a co-op campaign some time soon… once I finish Therium-2, of course.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Well I'm impressed.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Well slap my ass and call me Sue, I had no idea this was going on. You guys are fucking doing it, you all deserve medals... or pizza.