Tweaking the amount of blood on cuts

valentinbk

Tweaking the amount of blood on cuts

Post by valentinbk » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

Hey guys, I`m trying to make a small tweak to the blood system to make more blood come out of the wounds. I tried searching the game files for blood related xml files but the best I can get there done is to increase the size of the blood drops, which I am not interested in. The sword's xml files also don't give any tweakable options on this.
If someone with actual experience in modding could help me out that would be great :D

Surak

Re: Tweaking the amount of blood on cuts

Post by Surak » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 am

IIRC Lasts blood mod does exactly that: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12064

Now the mod will not work for the current alpha at the moment, but you can find the blood stuff relatively easy in it and apply it to the current alpha scripts.

valentinbk

Post by valentinbk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:41 am

Surak wrote:IIRC Lasts blood mod does exactly that: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12064

Now the mod will not work for the current alpha at the moment, but you can find the blood stuff relatively easy in it and apply it to the current alpha scripts.
Thanks, that was good advice. I did found the aschar.as file that has character related tweaks, I was even able to set the blood on the throat cut to a ridiculous amount but I couldn't find anything related to cuts that are not related to the cut throat execution. I`m not sure where to continue searching

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:05 am

In the Data/attacks folder I think if you open some of the xml files you can mess around with the sharp damage of weapons, and even make it so hand to hand fighting attacks cause cuts.

valentinbk

Post by valentinbk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 am

akazi wrote:In the Data/attacks folder I think if you open some of the xml files you can mess around with the sharp damage of weapons, and even make it so hand to hand fighting attacks cause cuts.
Thanks, that helped increase the bleeding a bit (tested it with the spear stab), at some point increasing values didn't matter though. I`m trying to find the variable simlar to the _max_blood_amount in aschar.as. The problem is that this variable works only for the cut throat execution.