[SUMLauncher] Community Content Submission Process

Anton
pretty cool guy

[SUMLauncher] Community Content Submission Process

Post by Anton » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello everyone,

To speed up the process of updating the Community Content Browser in SUMLauncher, I am now changing to a submission system where I will ask you to package your content to meet our requirements, and will give you feedback to make sure it is up to standards. (Any rejections or acceptances are purely from a technical standpoint, and should not be considered a representation of quality.)

My plan is to only require this for new maps and objects, so if your map or object is already on my to do list, I will still add it the manual way (however, if you use this new submission process, it may happen faster than just waiting for me... haha). Also, if you would like to help me package up the items on the to do list, please let me know, and we can get through the items faster.

Here are the mandatory items you must follow to be eligible for inclusion:

1. Folder structure

I have created a folder template that should be used as a starting point. This folder will be placed into the "Custom" folder inside your Overgrowth Data Folder, so you should use that as a reference for all your file locations (i.e. in the xml files). If you are using shaders or any other files that cannot be located in the "Custom" folder, please keep them in a separate folder, and let me know they are there. We can include them in SUMLauncher, but require a different option in the program.

Download Template

There are two folders that must be named in a specific way. They are the two highest level folders named "username" & "modname". The "username" folder must be your forum name, and the "modname" folder must be the name of your project. In both cases the names must be all lowercase, contain no special characters, and no spaces. You can keep those characters in your project name etc, but should be replaced with underscore (_) in the folder structure.
[+] Examples
Endoperez = endoperez
Gogg.B1 = gogg_b1
Turner's Castle = turner_s_castle
There are no requirements for what to do with unused folders from the template, however cleaning them up gives me a faster understanding of what your project contains.

2. Additional Items for all Submissions

For every download, we require you to include a preview image. This image must be a png set to 267 x 150 pixels, and 72 ppi.

You must also provide me with all the details about your project to be displayed in the community content browser. You can do this by submitting this form:

SUMLauncher Submission Form

Or by including a text file with the following information:
[+] Required Info
Project Name
Username
Link to Original Thread
Category (Type of mod/map)
Dependencies (All required dependencies to make the mod/map work)
Version/Status of project
Description (A description of the items)
Tags (Anything that helps explain what is in the file)
Level(s) to include
Item(s) to include
Please be sure to include ALL dependencies when submitting, so that I can make sure they are all available when opening your project. If a dependency does not exist in SUMLauncher yet, please let me know, as I will need to add that dependency before your item.

3. Map Requirements

Map(s) .xml files must be placed inside the "Levels" folder in your project folder.

Each map must have a corresponding image to use in the main menu, and be placed in UI/mainmenu/images. The image must be a png set to 267 x 150 pixels, and 72 ppi.

4. Object/Item Requirements

Objects can be placed anywhere in the folder structure you choose (inside the "project" folder), but please let me know where they are located, so I can find them faster.

Each object you would like to be able to load from the community menu must have a corresponding image, and be placed in UI/spawner/thumbs. The image must be a png set to 100 x 100 pixels, and 72 ppi.

Submission Process

Please create a new thread on the forums showcasing your map or objects, including a download like to your packaged files. Then, either reply to me in this thread, or use the SUMLauncher Submission Form to let me know that you would like your project evaluated. I will evaluate your project and give you feedback as soon as I can. If accepted, your project should be available in SUMLauncher by the time you receive the reply. If not accepted, please update your project to fix the issues provided.

This submission process should also be used for any revisions you would like in SUMLauncher. I can easily update any descriptions, tags, etc if you would like to revise what is currently in the Community Content Browser.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and double check with me if anything changes.

Thanks for helping out with this, and can't wait to get more projects into SUMLauncher this way!!

Anton

hunting dog

Re: [SUMLauncher] Community Content Submission Process

Post by hunting dog » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:04 am

Should the unused folders be removed, or should we keep all of them in the template?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:41 pm

hunting dog wrote:Should the unused folders be removed, or should we keep all of them in the template?
That is really up to you. It will speed up my ability to see what content is provided, but really not necessary.

hunting dog

Post by hunting dog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31376

here is my revised map submission

Semel

Post by Semel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Anton, do you want the preview images for Object/Items be loacted in the UI/mainmenu/images/ location as it is with Maps/Levels or somewhere else?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Semel wrote:Anton, do you want the preview images for Object/Items be loacted in the UI/mainmenu/images/ location as it is with Maps/Levels or somewhere else?
Images for items/objects should be placed in UI/spawner/thumbs. The image must be a png set to 100 x 100 pixels, and 72 ppi.

Let me know if that helps. :)

Semel

Post by Semel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

It was the 267x150px Object preview I was thinking about rather than the 100x100px thumbnail for the spawner.

Do you require the 267x150px preview image for Ojects/mods or is the 100x100px thumbnail enough?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Semel wrote:It was the 267x150px Object preview I was thinking about rather than the 100x100px thumbnail for the spawner.

Do you require the 267x150px preview image for Ojects/mods or is the 100x100px thumbnail enough?
Sorry, my mistake. Yes, I need that image, but not necessarily in that folder. It can be just zipped with the project. I need that file to display in SUMLauncher before downloading.

Semel

Post by Semel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks, I was a little unsure of what to do with my previews, but I understand now. :?

Renegade Bandit

Post by Renegade Bandit » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I made a challenge map (with dialogue). Anyway, I only used vanilla assets. So what do I need to include? (I used eroded plateau).

Here is what it looks like if it's any help:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Renegade Bandit wrote:I made a challenge map (with dialogue). Anyway, I only used vanilla assets. So what do I need to include? (I used eroded plateau).

Here is what it looks like if it's any help:

Hi, Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

If you only used vanilla assets, all I need is the level xml file, and the image you would like to use for your level in the menu/SUMLauncher download.

You should still follow the rest of the instructions above for how to package it up, but you don't need to include much for those kinds of levels. :)

spudy

Post by spudy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36879&p=234970#p234970

Here is a link to my map for SUMlauncher let me know if i did it right Anton.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Hai Anton : 3

I did everything you said : P i hope its all right o.o'
kenji.zip
My Project
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
Its the first map i've done so far but i got a bigger project in mind!

Let me know if i did something wrong o_o
Greetings Kenji~

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Kenji wrote:Hai Anton : 3

I did everything you said : P i hope its all right o.o'
kenji.zip
Its the first map i've done so far but i got a bigger project in mind!

Let me know if i did something wrong o_o
Greetings Kenji~

Hi Kenji,

The map in your zipped folder doesn't seem to be a custom map, but instead one of the default levels. Can you double check that the map is still working for you, and maybe we can figure out which map you need to upload.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 am

Anton wrote: Hi Kenji,

The map in your zipped folder doesn't seem to be a custom map, but instead one of the default levels. Can you double check that the map is still working for you, and maybe we can figure out which map you need to upload.
Hai Anton

I'm sorry i did a mistake and put in the wrong xml v_v
kenji.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
That should be the right one o.o