[Script] Aiming when throwing

Gyrth

[Script] Aiming when throwing

Post by Gyrth » Sat May 30, 2015 5:58 pm

aimingmod.png
This mod could be used separately from the breakable pots so I thought I post this in a different thread.

Currently the collider I use will go through character, so when you aim at enemies be sure to aim at the ground near them. Or the weapon will fly over their head.

This is how you use the mod. Pick up a throwable weapon. Press and hold down q, or whatever your throw button is. A white line with a sphere at the end should appear. When you release the button the character should throw at that point. Note that the sphere could be further than the character can throw.

Installation: put aschar.as in your Scripts folder. Backup this file if you want to undo this mod later.
Aiming.zip
(68.16 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

EPR89

Re: [Script] Aiming when throwing

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:43 pm

This works like a charm.

Post it in the Steam forums and the subreddit. People should see this stuff.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Sun May 31, 2015 6:21 pm

EPR89 wrote:This works like a charm.

I posted it to the subreddit. A bit quiet though. And the steam forum seems very hostile. I'll stick to this forum. :D

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Sun May 31, 2015 7:28 pm

this looks fuckin siiiick. imma make a viddd on it now

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:28 pm

Gyrth wrote:

I posted it to the subreddit. A bit quiet though. And the steam forum seems very hostile. I'll stick to this forum. :D
There are steam forums?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:20 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
Gyrth wrote:

There are steam forums?
Yeah.
It's a pretty sad place. No one over there reads up on games before spending money on Early Access titles and when they find out that Early Access actually means "not done and most likely under development for quite a while still" they start flinging shit in all directions, calling people names and trying to convince others that this particular game is a "scam."
Stuff like this here could really lighten this place up, I think.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:34 pm

i checked it out today... i get what you mean... brrr

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 pm

The worst part is that whenever I try to post there I get confrontational. I try to help, but in the end I thin I'm just making things worse.
Those guys are just so frustrating. Half of the time they respond without reading any of the replies, occasionally they try to twist words and the rest of the time they just repeat what they have been saying before, even if that stuff has been shown to be not true. Obviously, as soon as I lose my temper I have effectively lost the conversation. I can't really expect someone with a different opinion to read my argument when i just called his one something like "a blatant lie" or "nonsense," even if that is absolutely what that person's post is.
To taht person I am just as thick-headed as he or she is to me.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:10 pm

EPR89 wrote:The worst part is that whenever I try to post there I get confrontational. I try to help, but in the end I thin I'm just making things worse.
Those guys are just so frustrating. Half of the time they respond without reading any of the replies, occasionally they try to twist words and the rest of the time they just repeat what they have been saying before, even if that stuff has been shown to be not true. Obviously, as soon as I lose my temper I have effectively lost the conversation. I can't really expect someone with a different opinion to read my argument when i just called his one something like "a blatant lie" or "nonsense," even if that is absolutely what that person's post is.
To taht person I am just as thick-headed as he or she is to me.
I get what you mean!
It's really reeeaaally hard to change people's opinions even if (like you said) they are not true or a blatant lie and stuff. That's annoying about people but otherwise there would be no such thing as discussion right?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Another great mod, this seems like it would work great with a bow and arrow or other ranged weapons.
I think it would fit better into the style of overgrowth if the line started bold and began to fade the further away it gets from you (if possible), or maybe not having any line at all and instead just having a free throwing system, as it would add to difficulty.

Dehlord

Post by Dehlord » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Hai, I am on 226 (Final Testing build), i know this is an old mod and stuff, but it doesn't seem to work for me... whenever i put it into scripts, it seems to not work. I go into the game, get myself a weapon to throw, and it just doesn't work, it auto throws to the nearest enemy. (even an ally, one time.) Wow, i said it doesn't work a lot.. srry. Any suggestions m8? Or is it just that it hasn't been updated or doesn't work with the current build i am on?

mistercynical

Post by mistercynical » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Dehlord wrote:Hai, I am on 226 (Final Testing build), i know this is an old mod and stuff, but it doesn't seem to work for me... whenever i put it into scripts, it seems to not work. I go into the game, get myself a weapon to throw, and it just doesn't work, it auto throws to the nearest enemy. (even an ally, one time.) Wow, i said it doesn't work a lot.. srry. Any suggestions m8? Or is it just that it hasn't been updated or doesn't work with the current build i am on?
It has probably been automatically disabled by the mod system since the mod is very out-of-date, but even if you forced the mod system to load it I doubt it would work. 'aschar.as' has changed a lot since 2015.

Dehlord

Post by Dehlord » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:33 pm

mistercynical wrote:
Dehlord wrote:Hai, I am on 226 (Final Testing build), i know this is an old mod and stuff, but it doesn't seem to work for me... whenever i put it into scripts, it seems to not work. I go into the game, get myself a weapon to throw, and it just doesn't work, it auto throws to the nearest enemy. (even an ally, one time.) Wow, i said it doesn't work a lot.. srry. Any suggestions m8? Or is it just that it hasn't been updated or doesn't work with the current build i am on?
It has probably been automatically disabled by the mod system since the mod is very out-of-date, but even if you forced the mod system to load it I doubt it would work. 'aschar.as' has changed a lot since 2015.
rip. I wonder if there is ever gonna be another aim mod... or if it will get updated or something.

Mine476

Post by Mine476 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Where is your Scripts folder?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm fairly certain that this mod is out of date and definitely won't work unless you have the right version of overgrowth installed (not sure what version that is though)

However if you do have the right version of Og installed the scripts folder is in Overgrowth/Data/Scripts