[Map]/[Mod] Kit PvP

EgyptFalcon

[Map]/[Mod] Kit PvP

Post by EgyptFalcon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:28 pm

This is so far my third map, but my first mod. Getting into the modding flow, I have a lot of questions, but I'll save those for later. What I did here was simply add a few characteristics to the playerAttributeUpdater.as that is used in the medikit hotspot as well as the player updater hotspot. I added attack knockback, fat, muscle, ear size, and fixed the code for attack speed. There was a typo telling it to look for attack damage. I was unable to change character scale as I am only learning how to do this by trial and error. I didn't add block skill nor block follow-up because they didn't seem to affect combat much in my trial runs. Anyway, the original attribute updates inspired me to make "blessings" such as in Skyrim, but then I realized permanent changes could be more fun.

In this versus map, each player selects one of five classes (Striker, Tank Man, Warrior, Rogue, Scout) and enters the arena to fight. Each class has a short description of its strengths and weaknesses but this displays on the opponent's screen. To avoid this, jump over the text hotspot. Each player then receives a weapon assigned to their class, and joins the arena. There are landmines and rag doll areas to watch out for. Atop the towers are medikit hotspots that regenerate health so be careful not to let your opponent reach them!

I believe the dependencies are twowolves' medikit hotspot, Gyrth's landmine, haphazzard's vertical boost, steelraven's hotspot pack, and of course the kit_hotspot that is included.

If there are any balancing issues, I would be open to opinions on how to tweak the statistics of each class. I played it myself with my brother a few times, and I buffed the Tank Man some more, possibly too much. I was also thinking if a gladiator setting would be fun, and welcome suggestions on what I can do with the kit pvp idea. I would like to know how to change character scale in a hotspot as well.ImageImageImageImageImage
Attachments
kit_pvp.zip
Includes a properly formatted picture now!
(112.02 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by EgyptFalcon on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sehiro

Re: [Map]/[Mod] Kit PvP

Post by Sehiro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 am

Looks really cool. :)
I will try it out after the exams.

PrinceAchilles

Post by PrinceAchilles » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Can't wait to try a fresh idea for versus maps.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:18 am

Damn dude, that sounds really cool.
Good job on making this, I bet it'd also be really great to use that class mechanic for campaign/challenge levels outside of the arena.
Though seriously, that's pretty damn genius. Kudos.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks for packaging up the file for me this way, it was very easy to put in SUMLauncher. :)

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

I like what you did here