[Map] Skyline

Surak

[Map] Skyline

Post by Surak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:52 am

Here is a small, windy level on top of a skyscraper. I created it mainly for the multiplayer mod, but you can also play it alone.

http://www.xup.in/dl,15724882/surak_skyline.zip/

Requirements:
* Markuss - American City
* Markuss - Riverfight
* elegaro - Fog
* Steelraven7 - Wipeout and launcher hotspot
Attachments
skyline.png
skyline.png (67.73 KiB) Viewed 2319 times

Surak

Re: [Map] Skyline

Post by Surak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:17 am

I also recorded a video of it yesterday, but it did not have the sky texture at that point.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 am

I've added it in to SUMLauncher for you. :) The map seems very dark for me for some reason, I'm not totally sure why...

Surak

Post by Surak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks, Anton. You are playing on a Mac, right? Would be interesting to hear if other people have problems with the light as well.

The game also crashes when you press "calc shadows". I guess because the level has no terrain.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 pm

Surak wrote:Thanks, Anton. You are playing on a Mac, right? Would be interesting to hear if other people have problems with the light as well.

The game also crashes when you press "calc shadows". I guess because the level has no terrain.

I am on a mac, and I also have automatic shadows turned on... Maybe if I turn those off, it will look brighter?

EDIT: Indeed, changing the game to baked shadows made everything much brighter.

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:47 am

really love the idea of the wind

by the way how do you use the multiplayer stuff?

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:14 am

elegaro wrote:really love the idea of the wind

Thanks.

You install the OGMP client like any other script mod: you just copy and paste it into the Overgrowth folder (it's basically just some .as, .xml and .html files). Then you load the level you want to play, press F12 and the server window pops up. You can see it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYcAJjy0ko in the first 25 seconds.

The files are not public yet though, because they change daily. We don't want people to connect with versions of the mod that cause errors (because they are too old).
But if you want to join testing you are more than welcome to do so. Just come to the Wolfire IRC channel in the evening CET. Gyrth and I do some testing of new stuff from time to time.

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:04 am

Surak wrote:
elegaro wrote:really love the idea of the wind

Thanks.

You install the OGMP client like any other script mod: you just copy and paste it into the Overgrowth folder (it's basically just some .as, .xml and .html files). Then you load the level you want to play, press F12 and the server window pops up. You can see it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYcAJjy0ko in the first 25 seconds.

The files are not public yet though, because they change daily. We don't want people to connect with versions of the mod that cause errors (because they are too old).
But if you want to join testing you are more than welcome to do so. Just come to the Wolfire IRC channel in the evening CET. Gyrth and I do some testing of new stuff from time to time.
Cool...will try to install and I will join for sure...I have also some stuff to test...awesome!!

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:08 am

where can I find that mod...can't find it :?:

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:40 am

elegaro wrote:where can I find that mod...can't find it :?:
The files aren't public. If you go to the irc in the evening (european time) they'll sen you the files and you can test with them.

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
The files aren't public. If you go to the irc in the evening (european time) they'll sen you the files and you can test with them.
sorry mate but I'm probably being stupid...what "irc"?

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:56 am

elegaro wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:
sorry mate but I'm probably being stupid...what "irc"?
in the top right corner of this page you can click in the join irc, its some kind of open messenger thingy