[OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

m1tch3ll1001

Re: [OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

Post by m1tch3ll1001 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi there, I'm currently playing alpha 225 and tried this mod but I get an error when trying to load any map, some problem in the script enemycontrol.as and allow_roll not being declared? the game crashes afterwards

is this mod just outdated now or is there a fix for this?
I downloaded the game from Humble Bundle not steam and I'm using SUMlauncher 3.0.8

Thanks in advance

Jackknapier

Post by Jackknapier » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:15 pm

This doesn't work for alpha 226 right? I downloaded it and it says unsupported version or missing xml file in the mod section

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:52 am

If a mod states unsupported version in the mod list it's because the mod doesn't list that version of overgrowth as compatible.

The idea is that someone responsible will test it out first and then tick the version up rather than people getting a broken mod installed. Broken mods give a worse impression than a clearly defined non-compatible one. At least that's my thinking =)

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:53 am

Further, the version system was planned to assist in allowing mods to be multi-version compatible by switching things on and off internally based on the version which the mod is running on.

aragon1325

Post by aragon1325 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:13 pm

looks promising, would be nice if it got updated to the current version because me and my friend are unable to enable and play it

DatAssThoBro

Post by DatAssThoBro » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Do any of the servers work?

troy2k56

Post by troy2k56 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:58 pm

On my computer it says unsupported version when i get in the game to try and enable it.

Dusk Blaze

Post by Dusk Blaze » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am

I Tried going into the xml file (at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Mods\ogmp) for supported versions and added
"<SupportedVersion>a226.4</SupportedVersion>" to it but it produces errors as it loads a level.
"Compiling void FlipInfo::StartRoll(vec3)
ERR: fliproll.as (266, 13) No matching signatures to 'SetOnFire(const
bool)'

| Cancel | Try Again | Continue |"

And

"Could not compile script: Data/Scripts/enemycontrol.as

| Ok |"

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:08 pm

That's because OGMP doesn't work with the latest version of Overgrowth.

Surak

Post by Surak » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

I have updated the first post a bit, so this is more clear. Gyrth told me the latest supported alpha is 225.

It shouldn't be toooo hard to port it to a new alpha, but I am too busy with work currently to do it. Most of the mod code is separated in functions and own files, so unless the code changed drastically in the last months the function calls just have to be added to the current script files.

SKIÞ

Post by SKIÞ » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Surak wrote:I have updated the first post a bit, so this is more clear. Gyrth told me the latest supported alpha is 225.

It shouldn't be toooo hard to port it to a new alpha, but I am too busy with work currently to do it. Most of the mod code is separated in functions and own files, so unless the code changed drastically in the last months the function calls just have to be added to the current script files.
It's been a bit over a month since your last post on porting to the newest alpha of og, with the recent release of a227, are you still able to update the mod as swiftly (e.g no massive code changes) or have you hit a bump with code changes. Any plans for an estimated time that the mod should take to update for when you free time allows so as to give some sort of timeline in which we should be expecting an update? (e.g like an hour to just add the new function calls or multiple hours over multiple days as the code has changed drastically again).

Would be great to have this mod working again to help reboot the og community as recently, it has become pretty stagnant, as the game loses its charm of being an almost fighter simulator with most players after doing the campaign a few times and completing rounds in the arena.

I understand that obviously your work and social life will come first (with christmas coming up and all) but your mod is really what the devs need to add to this game to help at least keep an active community comparable to games like Mount & Blade: Warband which, besides the dlc released recently, has not received an update in many, many years. og could very easily have development completely dropped if modding and map editing support was left easily available such as it is currently, and by adding a solid and functional online multiplayer function.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Looks like it's got A227 support now :)

https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/com ... 6c0f493442

evilpenquin

Post by evilpenquin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 am

Does this mod work for beta?

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm

evilpenquin wrote:Does this mod work for beta?
Not yet.

pothos

Post by pothos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I've not tested it yet, nice news. But about the local multiplayer: Does anyone know whether it can be played on a single keyboard or really just with controllers?