[Arena Map] Prison Courtyard

Leonard

[Arena Map] Prison Courtyard

Post by Leonard » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:00 pm

This is my first arena I made, and I think it's good enough for the world to see. :lol:
The arena takes place at a cat prison courtyard. The audience are villagers of the town
who come to see the bloody spectacle. I made this map with lighting in mind, to see if I can
create interesting shadows with the wood bars and tarps. Also I tried adding the new fire as torches, and I think it turned out really well. Hopefully you like it! (BTW if it is too laggy for your computer, try deleting some of the buildings in the background)

Attachments
Prison Courtyard Arena.zip
I'm not sure how to properly upload a map, sorry if this is wrong.
(117.58 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: [Arena Map] Prison Courtyard

Post by halzoid » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Fun arena, a fair few different modes, I'm pretty sure I played them all, managed to get the "You're outnumbered" one the most though :lol:

The arena space was pretty small, but Having the pole through the middle actually benefited the gameplay as the fights were split up into smaller groups (Except for when everyone was against me...)
I had a few incidents with fire from the torches on the wall when trying to wallrun away from blades... buuuut, also had some fun countering people into them.

I would like to see more hand to hand combat rounds and small sword rounds, but there's more than enough variation to stay entertained for a while.

Leonard

Re: [Arena Map] Prison Courtyard

Post by Leonard » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:51 pm

halzoid wrote:Fun arena, a fair few different modes, I'm pretty sure I played them all, managed to get the "You're outnumbered" one the most though

The arena space was pretty small, but Having the pole through the middle actually benefited the gameplay as the fights were split up into smaller groups (Except for when everyone was against me...)
I had a few incidents with fire from the torches on the wall when trying to wallrun away from blades... buuuut, also had some fun countering people into them.

I would like to see more hand to hand combat rounds and small sword rounds, but there's more than enough variation to stay entertained for a while.
Thanks halzoid! :D
Also you're definitely right about the "You're outnumbered" match, it happens SO many times even though I programmed it to happen like the other matches.