Overgrowth animations

Killerkitty

Overgrowth animations

Post by Killerkitty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:40 am

Anyone mind telling me how to open the animation files. I need to know what program I should use, and how to export it somewhere.

-thanks

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Overgrowth animations

Post by halzoid » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Hey, All animation files can be found in the "Overgrowth/Data/BlendFiles..." folder.

To open them, you'll need a software called Blender, only Blender 2.55 allows for .ANM exporting, but I've found it to be a pain to use for animation (personal preference), So I use the latest version of Blender to make animations and then move over to 2.55 to export them

You can get 2.55 with .anm and Phbxn (skeleton) plugins here (BLENDER-OVERGROWTH-WIN.ZIP): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24827&p=210669&hil ... an#p210669

All other versions of Blender are available here: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/tags/master/

Once in blender, you can open all the current animations from this bar

Killerkitty

Post by Killerkitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:33 am

The blend files folder only has rigs and physics blend files *for me*
Would they happen to be in the animations folder?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:07 am

is "rabbit_rig.blend" one of the files? If so, that's the one I use for all Rabbit animations.

If not, what files are there, because I know that the Blender files were left out a few updates ago, maybe the same issue has occurred?

Killerkitty

Post by Killerkitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 am

I'm talking about the animation files used in the original game. I don't use the rigs in the blend files folder becuase half the fingers are rigged, and I can't move the eyes or open the mouth.

*im guessing the complete rig is in the skeletons folder correct?*

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:59 am

I've only tried importing a skeleton file once and it didn't work.
The files from the animation folder are just the exported versions of the animations from the Rabbit_rig.blend
And I don't know of any file that contains a rig for the body, fingers and the face in one... (Actually, the file that comes included in the 2.55 version of blender from Markuss mighalt be fully rigged, but I don't remember)

Killerkitty

Post by Killerkitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:08 pm

I would think that there is a full rig for all characters becuase when you play the game, their eyes move/blink, the mouth opens, and they can pick up weapons...

....Wait a second

If you make animations for a mod then you would of done something with the fingers right? The fingers only have one bone one each finger for 2 fingers on each hand. All the fingers should have bones...correct?

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 pm

I haven't been required to animate the hands or face actually,

The hand automatically clenches Into a fist when in combat situations and when holding a weapon and there are currently no facial expressions other than open and closed mouth (and eyes open and closed when dictated by the player during dialogue)

I think these animations are separate animations blended with the primary animation (sort of the same way as the game overlays the walk animation over the combat stance when moving during a fight)

[EDIT]

I haven't checked, but the only two bones in the hand, one should be rigged to the thumb, but the other might be controlling all other fingers, Overgrowth in its current state doesn't need all fingers to be rigged separately.
Well... Unless they intend to let us give other rabbits 'the bird'...

Killerkitty

Post by Killerkitty » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 am

Oh, that makes sense....but what about the eyes? The mesh doesn't have separate eyes. How do they move?

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Killerkitty wrote:Oh, that makes sense....but what about the eyes? The mesh doesn't have separate eyes. How do they move?
The eyes move by morph targets. eye, mouth and fist movement are created using them.