Dynamic Ragdoll Behavior

HGunasekera

Dynamic Ragdoll Behavior

Post by HGunasekera » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:41 pm

I know its possible to create a script within the ASCHAR that allows specific attacks to impact certain behaviors according to specific animation at hand. An example script can look like this

{Specified attack} hits enemy produce a relative animation according to hit.

{data\Attacks\jab.xml} hit enemy createanimationevent {data\Animations\r_grabface.anm [if enemy is in rag doll state]

If anyone gets the idea, I think this would be a very good addition to the game, the rag-doll engine could almost be comparable to Euphoria.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Dynamic Ragdoll Behavior

Post by halzoid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:11 am

I believe this was the first feature of the active ragdolls, in an early alpha video. I'm not too sure what happened to it since it stopped working.
All I really remember is that if showcased grab face when hit by a Wolf and I think it also showed grab stomach when being kicked or stabbed.
There are slight features like this still in the game, like the active ragdoll protecting itself by either reaching out in front of covering its face from heavy impacts, but it's pretty weak and doesn't really do much