Help with Rigging

HGunasekera

Help with Rigging

Post by HGunasekera » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm in the mists of creating a stromtrooper character for overgrowth, but I have trouble trying to rig the model. I had to one of overgrowth rigs to the model, but I don't know how to rig it, or auto rig it some say. Any help will be great please.
Attachments
Need help
Need help

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Help with Rigging

Post by halzoid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 am

While I don't have much experience with characters, I've been told I'm doing things right...

Make sure the model is just one object.
Start by right clicking the model, then shift clicking the skeleton.
Next press ctrl+P and click 'Automatic weights', this will bind the skin to the skeleton as best as blender can work out, sometimes there's an error here and at that stage I'm lost... So if you get past this, good on you!
Next you can click on the model and change the mode from 'object mode' to 'weight paint', this'll be done to correct where each bone has influence, it can be confusing first time, but keep at it and it'll make sense.

After that you can export your model as a .obj again and then export the skeleton as a .phxbn, that's all there is to it from what I know. The rest is just .xmls and .tga's

samjb1992

Re: Help with Rigging

Post by samjb1992 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:43 pm

make sure your using blender 2.55b because that is the only version of blender they made plugins for that can export the rig as a skeleton file used by overgrowth