level script question

samjb1992

level script question

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:51 am

hello everyone,
I was just wondering if it is possible to have a level script of some sort that generates a random
or different path for an npc to follow each time you play the level?

The use for this would be i have a level that has trees and fog on the whole level and want the
npc monster thats the main "monster" to be able to come at you from different places for each
play through so that the player can't just map out its route. That way the map has more replay
ability

merlyn

Re: level script question

Post by merlyn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:00 pm

samjb1992 wrote:hello everyone,
I was just wondering if it is possible to have a level script of some sort that generates a random
or different path for an npc to follow each time you play the level?

The use for this would be i have a level that has trees and fog on the whole level and want the
npc monster thats the main "monster" to be able to come at you from different places for each
play through so that the player can't just map out its route. That way the map has more replay
ability
A simple way to do this might be to make a hotspot with a list of character ids, and it randomly activates (enables) one of them. Then just make 3 to however many different versions of the same guy, each with a different path. Other ways could be scriptable, too, but this is probably the easiest, and simplest to thoroughly test.