[Tutorial] How to get The Turbo Turnip's Epic First Person Mod to work with Overgrowth 1.2

LilShootDawg

[Tutorial] How to get The Turbo Turnip's Epic First Person Mod to work with Overgrowth 1.2

Post by LilShootDawg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEV38OB4FB8
Written instructions.
1. Subscribe to the mod (Not reuploading the mod with the fixed file that is an easy fix)
2. Go to wherever you installed Steam or Overgrowth with steam. Click on Steam, then go to steamapps, click on workshop, then go to content and then click on the folder called 25000 (which is Overgrowth's game ID for Steam) then click on the folder called 913141597 and with a text editor that can edit .xml type files change line 12 (I use notepad++ for .xml files) from where it says 1.1 to 1.2 and it is that simple.
3. Disable Bow & Arrow Mod, Bloody Combat Mod, Revolver F Key Mod, and AI Leg Cannon Mod for it to work and not have a file collision.
4. Load in a level and have fun!
EDIT: Not line 15 line 12

edoantonioco

Re: [Tutorial] How to get The Turbo Turnip's Epic First Person Mod to work with Overgrowth 1.2

Post by edoantonioco » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Is a temporary solution. This also means that new combat mechanics wont work as expected since they depend from changes from aschar, but to make non-updated mods to work again is a great idea. I do it all the time with the flying mod.

merlyn

Re: [Tutorial] How to get The Turbo Turnip's Epic First Person Mod to work with Overgrowth 1.2

Post by merlyn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 am

edoantonioco wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm
Is a temporary solution. This also means that new combat mechanics wont work as expected since they depend from changes from aschar, but to make non-updated mods to work again is a great idea. I do it all the time with the flying mod.
If you want to take over updating the flying mod, let me know. The github for it is public, and I can give you access to upload an update.