I made some software that imports models into Overgrowth automatically

The1hobby

I made some software that imports models into Overgrowth automatically

Post by The1hobby » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Overgrowth Model Importer

Basically, you point the program to your texture, normals, an object file and then it auto generates an XML file and copies the texture and all that stuff into your game. So you can point to and texture anywhere on your computer and it will move it to your data and make an XML that you can load into the game. I'm currently making a mod that requires I import a lot of static objects into the game so this is a huge time saver.

Thought you guys might be interested and I'm bored so I thought I would share here are some screenshots:

it is blank then you fill in all the boxes and press import then boom it's in the game you never have to touch any XML files:
Attachments
blank.PNG
filled.PNG
in game.PNG

merlyn

Re: I made some software that imports models into Overgrowth automatically

Post by merlyn » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm

NOICE! :) I posted a link to this thread to the Discord. Might be some testers incoming

xweert123

Post by xweert123 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:23 pm

I just ended my temporary Overgrowth Modding Hiatus solely because of you. Thanks a million, dude. This is perfect. Where would I be able to use it? Any links or anything?

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 pm

This looks great. I encourage you to release it to the community, we may find it useful as well :D